Thread: Should I be scared of 6500 miles?

Default Should I be scared of 6500 miles?

I know "it depends", but if a machine is well maintained and not abused is 6500 miles alarming for a utility type snow machine? Polaris 600 2 stroke efi. To be honest I doubt I'll put 3000 miles on it the rest of my life. I'm strictly a trail/lake rider. Want a 2 up to ride with grandkids, maybe pull a sled back to a lake ice fishing. My current sled is a 93 venture LT so I'm hoping this will be an upgrade and easier in my old back! I like the tundras and especially Bearcats, but I'm leaning towards polaris because of great local service. Thanks for any and all input!

At that amount of miles, I'd be looking at freshening up the top end. New pistons and rings. Pull the chain case cover off and do a visual. Likely do bearings on the jack shaft and drive shaft. Rebuild both clutches. So, hopefully you get it cheap.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

If the price is right, then by all mean take a chance. Beside, sometime it is worth rebuilding a sled in the long run.

Check the compression. If its good and you aren't going to go on long journeys... and the price is right... and it's in good shape otherwise, how could you go wrong?