Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Even worse

Still haven't heard a good report on that guy....sounds like he is still booking clients though.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I thought the first story was full of "wrong". Wow!

Thanks.

This type of stuff makes me sick angry! The waste of meat is criminal! Fish and Game needs to get that guy. You wonder why the allot of the residents are pissed about guiding right now? With guys like this setting the bar and booking 50 clients in an area, clearly only out to make a buck , not managing it with sustainability, its pretty obvious why the residents are frustrated about crowding... sheesh!

Not to mention he is also illegally using an experimental cub to make money with.. The simple wanton waste should shut him down.

Sounds like he's managing it for sustainability...lotta moose. All Ya gotta do is just not fly hunters into the field!!
    Master guide 212

When his buddy told him that the guy never paid him for his guiding, and then would never find the time to make good on the agreed guided sheep hunt instead........well, imo, that should have been his first clue......

Looks like one hell of a moosie area though......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

pretty horrid story. And from the number of hunters in camp, sounds like the bad word of mouth hasn't put him out of business yet...

Shankster... I didn't even have to read the article to know who it was... the 50 booked hunts said it all.....
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Sounds like he's managing it for sustainability...lotta moose. All Ya gotta do is just not fly hunters into the field!!
    True dat! Hope its a doomed strategy.

The issue here is leaving several Moose to rot. Read the story how , the Bears were not on the carcass, no excuse to leave all that meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland on the River View Post
    The issue here is leaving several Moose to rot. Read the story how , the Bears were not on the carcass, no excuse to leave all that meat.
    Yeah that's pretty ridiculous. From the sounds of it that is still under investigation. Hope they hang him for that one. The guy told him he would pick them up. He didn't.....

I was on a plane once during moose season, returning from my own hunt. A hunter was sitting next to me and we started chatting about his trip (non res). I asked him if he was going to be able to take any of his meat back home. "No", he said....Apparently after he shot his moose the weather got 'bad' and they had to leave the meat, which had been put in black plastic garbage bags to keep the bears out of it and keep it dry (yeah, that is what he said).. When they returned the meat had spoiled.. supposedly.....Hmmmm... ok... He was on a typical hunt .. So I figure maximum 10 days...probably 7 in the field.....

I don't imagine the use of black plastic bags
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

There's so much wrong in so many ways on this one....
    Master guide 212

Imagine paying that kind of money then having that kind of experience. And after all that work you get no meat to take home. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by tekla View Post
    And after all that work you get no meat to take home.
    Sounds like he may not ever get his antlers either......

ok, this just about does it for me. Who is the planner/transporter? There is no excuse for this. And if he takes another hunter out next year, I'll personally be in every ear of every trooper and fish and game personnel in the state until he's shut down.

We're losing the battle here guys. You cannot sell 50 hunts and be able to responsibly get the meat out unless you have many people working for you.

This is similar to another planner I learned of this year that claims residency lives in Michigan, has a list of game violations to his name, and is rapidly expanding operations. One of the violations wanton waste. He pretty much tells his people to just give the ill cared for meat to the villagers.

Two moose of that caliber killed and left to rot? Any Alaskan would drool to have that meat... simply unacceptable..

Time to stop this crap.. dead in it's tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by anchorrivercrowds View Post
    ok, this just about does it for me. Who is the planner/transporter? There is no excuse for this. And if he takes another hunter out next year, I'll personally be in every ear of every trooper and fish and game personnel in the state until he's shut down.

We're losing the battle here guys. You cannot sell 50 hunts and be able to responsibly get the meat out unless you have many people working for you.

This is similar to another planner I learned of this year that claims residency lives in Michigan, has a list of game violations to his name, and is rapidly expanding operations. One of the violations wanton waste. He pretty much tells his people to just give the ill cared for meat to the villagers.

Two moose of that caliber killed and left to rot? Any Alaskan would drool to have that meat... simply unacceptable..

Time to stop this crap.. dead in it's tracks.
    Pm sent.....
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

I missed where it said he had 50 hunts booked?

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    I missed where it said he had 50 hunts booked?

I think it's mentioned on the other site. I read 45, and 50 I believe. There was also a third bull left to rot(that I know, or second hand heard about).

The guide/outfitter that allowed this to happen is selling hunts for next year as we speak..

Maybe I just don't understand the law, but something is really wrong here. This also doesn't sound terribly new for this guy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast