Thread: Holster for CC

Default Holster for CC

Did not want to hi-jack the other thread but was wondering what holster you guys were carrying the larger pistols in? I carry a glock 22 but would carry it more if i could find a better way to carry it. The way I have been carrying it is outside the waist band with a bulky shirt and or a coat covering it. Not much trouble in cold weather but hard to conceal in warm weather.

For my G22's I carry them in Galco or Desantis, but I am interested in trying one of the Crossbreed's.

Ruger P345 in canted IWB. Holds it nice and tight to the body.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Check out the new alien gear 2.0. Super comfortable with my Glock 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Ruger P345 in canted IWB. Holds it nice and tight to the body.

A nice looking holster too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Noticed I hit the wrong key starting this thread. I can not figure out how to edit my post. Can someone change the foe to for? Thanks.

I use the MTR Custom Leather holsters. I like them since they are IWB/OWB and all leather. So far they have held up well and seem to work great.

http://mtrcustomleather.com/shop/ind...5#.VODQKoE76rU

My favorite OWB holster is the Galco Concealable, for IWB I use a crossbreed type made by Tommy Theis.

I have Kramer Horse Hide IWB #2 holsters with the FBI cant for a Glock 36 and 19, and a #3 for a 1911. Great holsters that will last forever. Also have a few of their belt scabbards for S&W revolvers, Hi Power and 1911, great stuff. I recently picked up 3 kydex holsters from US Grunt Gear that are an instant hit with me for the Glock 19, 36 and 30S pistols. Mine have a 10 degree cant and are IWB holsters made for kidney carry. They also make holsters for appendix carry but my gut is to big. These holsters made me realize not all kydex holsters are created equal. They fit the pistol like a clove and have one tension screw and can be had with interchangeable 1.5 and 1.75 belt clips. The holsters are minimal in size and very well thought out. If I had these years ago I probably would not own any leather Glock holsters. I recommend any Glock owners check them out. The magazine pouches are of the same quality. I can wear them IWB or between the belt and waist band and they can be slipped on and off fairly easily. The belt clip is stout and secures the weapon. It is good stuff.

I prefer Milt Sparks and have their VM2 for all my carry guns. They are a little on the spendy side and the wait time can be fairly long but well worth the price and wait.
    http://www.miltsparks.com/IWB_holsters.htm
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

How do you guys stand those IWB holsters?

I find them EXTREMELY uncomfortable, but they seem to be popular. I've tried them on the OUTSIDE, just clipped over my belt and they still don't cut it for me.

Of course, I've not tried every gun, and every holster.

Just wonderin and askin.

Thanks
    SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

It helps if your pants are a size larger than normal, and have an undershirt tucked between you and the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenmm View Post
    It helps if your pants are a size larger than normal, and have an undershirt tucked between you and the holster.

I have pants 2 inches larger in the waist for the IWB and it really does make a big difference in comfort. Like you- always have a t-shirt tucked in as well. I think some people try the IWB with regular fit pants and feel it is too snug for comfort. Finding the right combination of gun/holster/position can make all the difference in the world as far as comfort. Massad Ayoob says that carrying isn't supposed to be comfortable, but I have found that many folks quit carrying simply because of discomfort. I advocate trying on as many holsters as possible to find the one that fits you.

I usually wear dockers (pic above) that actually have elastic in the waistband.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Not sure if it's any help, and not that any of the above is wrong at all, I use a N82 (pronounced Nate Squared) holster.

http://n82tactical.com/holster-options

Pro model. It's a hybrid design. Has a leather/neoprene/suede sandwich with a poly carbonate holster. The neoprene is very thin, more for padding. The suede is the inside (near the skin) layer. Honestly, it's amazingly comfortable.