Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite polarized Fishing Glasses

Default What's your favorite polarized Fishing Glasses

I'm considering a pair of Smith ChromaPop and wondering what you like and suggestion on lens color for an overcast day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a few Walmart/sportmans specials. They all work. I won a pair of Maui Jim's 7 years ago and love them. More expensive ones don't a scratch as easily. My preferred color though is rose lenses. Brightens your day and it really makes a difference on those dark days.

Quote Originally Posted by cplne View Post
    I'm considering a pair of Smith ChromaPop and wondering what you like and suggestion on lens color for an overcast day.

I use a pair of old smith factors in copper and another set with a dusky yellowey color. The yellow is great for dull days, and the copper aint bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by dieNqvrs View Post
    Had a few Walmart/sportmans specials. They all work. I won a pair of Maui Jim's 7 years ago and love them. More expensive ones don't a scratch as easily. My preferred color though is rose lenses. Brightens your day and it really makes a difference on those dark days.
    Same here. I've got a few pair of Maui Jim's with rose lenses. Love them! I've got a another cheaper pair with yellowish lenses for low lite that have been good too, but nothing like the MJs.

I use Native XP they are light weight with interchangeable lenses, I know the interchanable is a turn off for some but not for me. I have regular shade, rose, and yellow I use all three depending on the weather. Should think about using a lanyard with a piece of cork as floatant. I learned the hard way, but still have to be weary lol after I lost my shades I found another pair floating around the bend. I guess the river wanted to trade

Was just going to post on the subject....

The three lenses im looking at for the smiths and hear good reviews on are;

ChromaPop Polarized Brown
    Polarchromatic Amber
    Techlite Polarized low lite ignitor

I am leaning to the ChromaPop Polarized Brown however didn't know if anyone had any review specifically. Looking for an all around lens from the kenai all summer to the flats.
    NRA life Member JVJ

Costa del Mar. Incredible! !

Tough to beat Costa Del Mars.

I have a bunch of glasses from different manufacturers and in different colours.
    I have rose glasses from Haber, amber from Smith, grey from Costa.
    Have a couple of other pairs in grey also.
    My Costa's are the sharpest glasses I currently own.
    Had a pair of Ocean Waves that were as good as the Costa's.

I use Habervision. habervision.com Way less money than the big brands and just as good. Use the code FISHEYE for 50% off.

Costa 580G's. I own 3 pair and they are the best glasses I have ever owned. My Fathoms are the most comfortable shades, the Salt Breaks are great too and I just ordered a pair of Tuna Alleys. Gotta accessorize! I also know people who recommend Smith Optics too. Both companies offer pro deals online for qualifying customers (military/law enforcement/guides). I would pay retail though for my Costas if I had to though. For overcast days I go with my Copper lenses. Good luck! Tons of options...best bet is to try them on if at all possible.

Thanks all. I went ahead and bucked up for the Smith. I'll let you know what I think of em

I wear prescription WileyX because they're so comfortable. Before I needed prescription glasses I wore Bill Dance Strike kings from Walmart they were awesome..... On a side note I'd like to wish you congratulations for having the thread that gets the honor of my 1st post! Let the legacy begin

Depends on where I am and the conditions of the moment. For general AK fishing I want pale tan lenses. No sense looking for gray fish in gray water on a gray day while wearing gray glasses. The tan or light brown work great on sunny days, too. If it's really overcast I switch to yellow for even more differentiation, but find it too bright when the sun is out. If your shades' shades are too dark, you'll be sorrrrrrrryyyyyy.

For offshore fishing on bright days, and especially in the tropics I prefer a darker brown. I switch to the lighter ones on overcast days.

Brands and models? Fords and Chevys and what's in fashion on the latest fishing "reality" shows. If you think they're wearing those glasses because they work best and not because it's being sold by one of their advertizing sponsors, I have a bridge in the Arizona desert I'll happily sell you. Play fantasy fashionista as you like, but pay attention to the color and darkness of the lenses no matter which you think you look best in.

1340 Rudakof Cr Anchorage, AK 99508 (Off Debarr & Bragaw across from Costco)

My favorite has been the H3o with interchangeable lenses. I usually end buying a pair every year at the sportsman show. I had a few issues with the lens falling out but the company replaced them no questions asked. I can usually see fish that most people can't.

http://h3opolarized.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
    Your Alaska Power Sports dealership carrying new & used Polaris, CFMoto, PitsterPro, Rokon, AlumaSki, Duras, Achilles, Tohatsu, Suzuki, Mercury, and Yamaha outboard motor parts. Join us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram.

(907) 337-2744
    1340 Rudakof Cr
    Anchorage, Alaska 99508
    www.alaskapowersports.com

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marit...60433194054763
    Twitter https://twitter.com/MaritaSeaSki
    Instagram http://instagram.com/alaska_power_sports

http://h3opolarized.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

I've used them for years. About every couple of years I replace a set of lenses. The frames I've had for 6 years. I have 3 shades of lenses and just interchange them depending on what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by WinMag View Post
    http://h3opolarized.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

I've used them for years. About every couple of years I replace a set of lenses. The frames I've had for 6 years. I have 3 shades of lenses and just interchange them depending on what I'm doing.
    EVERY time I buy an expsensive ($100-$300) pair of glasses I lose them before summer is over. EVERY time I buy a cheap ($20-$35) pair of glasses I never lose them! So, I split the difference and went with the H3O. I pretty much just use the yellow and clear polarized lens. Good stuff for a fairly cheap price.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

For just fishing I love my Maui Jim's- my wife prefers Native. I use Bolle tourney polarized model (they have unpolarized ones too) a lot for all outdoor activities because they fit well, are well made, and cost under $40 on sale at Campmor!

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Costa glass copper is my everyday set in prescription too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Costa 580g or 580p. I have both. Prefer the glass, but the poly is great as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast