Thread: 6 Pack horses looking for a new home/outfitter.

Default 6 Pack horses looking for a new home/outfitter.

A friend of mine passed away unexpectedly, he had 6 awesome horses and we are trying to find a home for them. It is preferred to place them all together. Either to sell or foster (and sell in the summer). If anyone knows of anyone interested or some good place to place an ad, please contact Sarka (378-5989) or Iris (457-3601). Please, share this post.

John took these horses every Aug. to the AK range for an outfitter who subcontracted him and his horses, they are proven, they come with their feed/hay.

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

I took a guided dog trip with John years ago. He had an ease of character that you don't find in too many people. He was really bonded with his animals. I'm sure these are great horses. I would take them if i could.

Where are the horses located?
    Also what's the asking price?
    My dads neighbor has several pack horses already but I will mention it to him.
    He has his horses at his Kasilof residence and hunts the Tustumena area every year.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Looks like rainy pass to me. Sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully the horses find a good home.

Sent this message to a friend in Palmer, hopefully he can help ya out....
    BK

Thanks everyone, the horses are all in Fairbanks, I'll ask about the price and get back to ya here.

Here's more info on the horses.

J o h n H o e g b e r g‘s H o r s e s

We are all shocked by John‘s sudden departure, and finding the right homes for all his

animals has been a major priority for those of us that knew them.

I have worked with John’s horses since 1997. I know them well except for the newer

horse Saint, although I have ridden him and know a few things about him. The light

drafts come from Carl Schauss farm in Polson, Montana. Ted and Betty won the log

skidding contest at the International Draft Horse Show in Sandpoint, Idaho in 1997. They

ride, pack, drive, log, farm. Versatile, gentle, powerful. Rocky and Rabbit were bought

several years later. No bucking, rearing, load beautifully.

I would like to keep the matched pairs together. They have spent their lives together and

work well as a team or separately. With all of the horses, we would like a fair price, but

having them go to the best homes is my primary consideration.

T e d a n d B e t t y - 20 - gelding and mare. $2,000 for the pair. Ted is the near horse.

Approximately 1500 lbs each. About 16.1h.

R o c k y a n d R a b b i t - 14 - 2 geldings. $5,000 for the pair. About 16.3h. 1500 lbs

each.

Ride, pack, drive. Rabbit has flat front feet prone to splits if not trimmed and shoed

regularly when used. Never been lame. Rocky has been the lead horse on pack trips.

S a i n t - mid teens.15.3h about. Draft cross. I have ridden him - nicely gaited - he has

been packed but is new to the herd in the past year or so. Needs a gentle hand. Make an

offer.

B J - 32 - Was the lead horse for most of her life. Walks fast. About 15 h. Draft cross.

In good shape. I would like to find the right home for her for retirement - riding is fine.

She has been going up and down mountains every summer.

There is an assortment of tack and harnesses - well-used.

Make an offer.

Thank you,

Kathy Lenniger

699-6664

klenniger@gmail.com