Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Got My pre approved draw permit today!!!!!!!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    north pole
    Posts
    634

    Talking Got My pre approved draw permit today!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Delta Bison
    Delta moose

    Wish all the best of luck

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    4,034

    Default

    What does that mean?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Juneau
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    I'm gonna guess he got a Kitchen Pass.....or a Bank Pass.....or perhaps both.

  4. #4

    Default

    I think it means we have a winner for the rainbow name of shame.

  5. #5
    Member Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Alaska
    Posts
    2,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mallardman View Post
    I think it means we have a winner for the rainbow name of shame.
    Nope that would be me from last year
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    348

    Default

    I've got a spring 2015 Kodiak bear drawing permit I'm going to use in a couple months. Seems like I've had it forever.

  7. #7
    Member JuliW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    And here I thought the draw results were posted early. LOL

    Good luck on the bison and moose hunt! Hope you are able to fill the freezer!

    CapnMike - the anticipation of the hunt seems to sometimes be just as exciting as the hunt itself. Or at least adds to the excitement of the hunt . I am hoping for a fall Kodiak Brown Bear tag this yr.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuliW View Post
    And here I thought the draw results were posted early. LOL

    Good luck on the bison and moose hunt! Hope you are able to fill the freezer!

    CapnMike - the anticipation of the hunt seems to sometimes be just as exciting as the hunt itself. Or at least adds to the excitement of the hunt . I am hoping for a fall Kodiak Brown Bear tag this yr.
    I hear ya. And the crazy thing was, since I drew this tag in last years draw, and it's for the 2014-2015 bear regulatory year, I was able to apply for all the bear hunts in this years draw, the 2015-2016 bear year. Could possibly have 2 Kodiak bear permits in my pocket for a couple months, which would let me be real picky this spring. I know I can only shoot 1 bear.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    north pole
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mallardman View Post
    I think it means we have a winner for the rainbow name of shame.
    No shame here lol We usually get a few permits a year, I never applied for the Bison hunt before lol

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CapnMike View Post
    I hear ya. And the crazy thing was, since I drew this tag in last years draw, and it's for the 2014-2015 bear regulatory year, I was able to apply for all the bear hunts in this years draw, the 2015-2016 bear year. Could possibly have 2 Kodiak bear permits in my pocket for a couple months, which would let me be real picky this spring. I know I can only shoot 1 bear.
    Sounds like a terrible dilemma What part of the island you going to Mike?

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    wasilla
    Posts
    555

    Default

    8 days and counting. I would love an early announcement at this point.

  12. #12
    Member akgun&ammo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    983

    Default

    Paul,

    those were the Disabled Vet tags you got????

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    north pole
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akgun&ammo View Post
    Paul,

    those were the Disabled Vet tags you got????
    I was a joke I always say something about the draw permits

  14. #14
    Member AKducks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    485

    Default

    So I open up the ADF&G home Page today after lunchand across the top it reads "Draw...results available Friday February 20thI got all Excited reading the first part then let down for the second! Oh wellI can wait a week. Its not like a week is going to make any difference inplanning.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Valdez
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKducks View Post
    So I open up the ADF&G home Page today after lunchand across the top it reads "Draw...results available Friday February 20thI got all Excited reading the first part then let down for the second! Oh wellI can wait a week. Its not like a week is going to make any difference inplanning.
    That's true but the knowing would sure make a difference in the week.

  16. #16
    Member 4merguide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    9,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eatwildgame View Post
    That's true but the knowing would sure make a difference in the week.
    Indeed....it can give a person a WHOLE different attitude towards life....!!!........(and some days I really need that)........lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    264

    Default

    I'm hoping to get a permit in the draw for the first time. I've been putting in for Caribou and bison since I was a kid and I still haven't been drawn - I know people who've been in state for like 3 years that have been drawn for caribou which can be kind of a pisser. Hoping it happens this year.

  18. #18
    Member BRWNBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Big Lake
    Posts
    8,465

    Default

    Don't worry lotta folks in your shoes. Check in on Saturday morning and you'll figure out who they all are!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

  19. #19
    Member akgun&ammo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    983

    Default

    BRWNBEAR,

    don't think we'll have to wait that long!

    LOL

    Chris

  20. #20

    Default

    Why wait till Saturday if they have it available Friday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •