Thread: Crescent Lake conditions update

Default Crescent Lake conditions update

We have a public use cabin for this weekend (presidents day) on crescent lake. I was wondering if anyone had been up there recently & whether the lake is sufficiently frozen after the cold snap and whether there is any snow on the lake to ski. I'm also a little worried that with the warmer temperatures this weekend there will be overflow on the lake. Has anyone gone before in these types of conditions? I'm waiting to hear back from the ranger so hopefully she will have some information too.

Thanks!

With no snow down low it's closed to snowmachines. With that, I don't know anyone who's been up there this winter. But I sure wouldn't be trusting that ice to be walking or skiing on it. Not on a year like this has been. Numerous warm springs under that lake.

Charterboat Operator

kenai lake is frozen good, saw several ice boats sailing around last weekend, shouldnt be an issue up that high

We'll need an update when you get back since we are going NEXT weekend. Wondering if we'll need snow shoes on the trail in, or just the micro spikes.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    We'll need an update when you get back since we are going NEXT weekend. Wondering if we'll need snow shoes on the trail in, or just the micro spikes.
    Have you looked at the Mts. lately? Looks pretty snowy up there now......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

My end of Kenai lake is open water and it's raining here now. But last week was cold, below zero in the mornings so my guess is Cresent is in good shape. I have The Crescent saddle cabin booked in March and sure hope we get some snow down low. I had booked it last winter end of March, and couldn't ride up because of the lack of snow.