Thread: Looking for Bear Baiting Partner

Default Looking for Bear Baiting Partner

Hello All, I am looking for a partner to do bear baiting this year (2015). I just finished the bear baiting clinic, and I am taking Basic Hunter's Education, March 28, and Bow Hunter's Education, May 2. I can help with expenses and work. The best time for me is weekends and I get every other Friday off. I live in Anchorage and was possibly thinking of bear baiting in Unit 15, or 7, or 14A, 14B, or 16.

Quote Originally Posted by rlfereba View Post
    Hello All, I am looking for a partner to do bear baiting this year (2015). I just finished the bear baiting clinic, and I am taking Basic Hunter's Education, March 28, and Bow Hunter's Education, May 2. I can help with expenses and work. The best time for me is weekends and I get every other Friday off. I live in Anchorage and was possibly thinking of bear baiting in Unit 15, or 7, or 14A, 14B, or 16.
    I can help you out once I get back to AK next month. I have a few areas that I can get you into fairly easily that is not super high pressure. I will make contact with you once I get back to Alaska next month.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

15 is very high pressure and very limited access, if you didn't take their class last October you can't bait on the refuge this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup just like limon32 stated.. if you want higher success you have to be willing to push to areas that most wont. We used to drive 2+ hours to one of our hot spots and that was just to where we parked.. then had to push into the woods a good bit. I would be more than willing to lend you a hand on getting your site set up and show you some of the tricks I have learned over the years. I have ATV's to bring gear in and out if need be as well. All I ask is that you pay it forward with another hunter or youth and teach them a few things. If you are struggling with success I may be able to get you a seat on my stand depending on how our freezer is looking this year as well.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Thanks. I really appreciate your offer to help. I'll look forward to hearing from you next month. I was hoping to offset some of the hunting pressure by pushing deeper into the woods like you said. I would definitely help out future hunters given the opportunity.

limon32, thanks for telling me that information. I hadn't read about the restriction in refuge so I'll have to avoid that area since I just took the class.

Quote Originally Posted by rlfereba View Post
    limon32, thanks for telling me that information. I hadn't read about the restriction in refuge so I'll have to avoid that area since I just took the class.
    Not sure if my comment made sense but the refuge has their own class, on top of the ADFG class.

If you are willing to go further in, use buckets instead of barrels, you don't have to be their only food source, just a reliable one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi my name is mike i would be interested in getting together. Im in good shape and can push out pretty far. Im self employeed and can get away pretty easy. Also i like bow thunting he best but also want to gun Hunt as well. I go to hunt not party

Mike, what part of Alaska do you live in?

Quote Originally Posted by mhhunter76 View Post
    Mike, what part of Alaska do you live in?
    I live in Eagle River. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinalaska View Post
    I live in Eagle River. Thanks.
    Mike, I have all the equipment. I have a few places in mind. Am hoping to get out and do scouting when I get back from the slope in about a month. If you would like to partner up let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    yup just like limon32 stated.. if you want higher success you have to be willing to push to areas that most wont. We used to drive 2+ hours to one of our hot spots and that was just to where we parked.. then had to push into the woods a good bit. I would be more than willing to lend you a hand on getting your site set up and show you some of the tricks I have learned over the years. I have ATV's to bring gear in and out if need be as well. All I ask is that you pay it forward with another hunter or youth and teach them a few things. If you are struggling with success I may be able to get you a seat on my stand depending on how our freezer is looking this year as well.
    Not asking for you secret spot, but what are your thoughts heading out from Anchorage, worth it to set up a bear bait station down south on the Kenai, or up North?

By the way, I've been up here (Army) for the past two years, this is the first year I'm setting up a bear bait sand. I've got an ATV and a 6"x12" enclosed trailer to haul the gear if anyone wants to team up.

Heck, let me jump in on this.

I did the online bear baiting course a few years ago but never got to bait. I don't know if I have to do it again, but I can and will if someone is interested.

If anyone who knows what they are doing would like to partner up, I have most Fridays and weekends off, and I can possibly get away during there week if needed.

I have equipment (ATVs, trailer, etc) and can get barrels if needed. Definitely willing to buy dog food or molasses or whatever is recommended.

I really just don't know where to go and would prefer not to start off solo.

Thanks.

I live in the Meadow Lakes area of Wasilla.

I know this is last years thread but I too am getting started as I just spent 2 years in physical therapy and getting out of the army on retirement. I live in Eagle River and either looking to start up a bait station ( I know the season started already) or team up with someone to learn the ropes and help pay if picked to learn from someone. Everyone seems pretty friendly so I figured I would just respond to this thread as I missed an opportunity to join up with another member for this year due to my wife and I moving from Wasilla.

I work on base and have weekends off so I can normally get away anytime. if anyone is interested you can reply or send me an email or text.
    Martinez.patrick90@yahoo.com or cell 559-859-three six two five

thanks,
    Patrick