Thread: Sewing your own stuff

Default Sewing your own stuff

Sewing your own long underwear, parka shells, tarps, tents, stuff sacks, etc... is really fun and rewarding. Once you start it becomes pretty easy and fun. You get what you want too. Just have to remember... the moose don't care if all your seems are perfect. Last project was 4x7 survival tarp for flight vest (blaze orange silnylon) and a 10x10 of same fabric for airplane survival bag. Turned out nicely. Saved hundreds of $'s, and got just what I wanted. You don't always need a pattern, just some garment that fits you well and use it. It does help having a really good sewing machine. J&H Sewing & Vacuum, Inc is our store in Anchorage and Soldotna. Not a plug intentionally. Just wanted to offer help if anyone wants to get started making their own stuff. Drop me a line if you need any help. I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Tanana Valley AK

Quote Originally Posted by jessinak View Post
    Not a plug intentionally.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It