Thread: Coatings

Default Coatings

Anyone know of any shops in Anchorage that do "In House" Titanium Nitride coating? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooterassassin View Post
    Anyone know of any shops in Anchorage that do "In House" Titanium Nitride coating? Thanks

Nope, not in hole state that I could find . . . shipping on the chemicals to Alaska are a real killer. I looked into setting up to do it when I was in Palmer but it's way cheper to send stuff out than bring the mazmat in. So I used Robar, I still do cuz I moved just 3 miles away from them so no shipping for me now.

http://robarguns.com/
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

For you guys looking for gun coatings, there is an alternative right here in Anchorage. Look into http://www.precisioncerakote.com/abo...-anchorage-ak/ The owner is a good guy with a great product.

Quote Originally Posted by OATS View Post
    For you guys looking for gun coatings, there is an alternative right here in Anchorage. Look into http://www.precisioncerakote.com/abo...-anchorage-ak/ The owner is a good guy with a great product.

That's Cerakote, a good baked ceramic epoxy process but nothing like Titanium Nitride.

Titanium Nitride (TiN) coating is an electroplaiting process. The good quality drill bits that look gold color are TiN coated . . . the stuff is used to make steel cutting tools more resistant to abrasion so is WAY WAY more durable than any spray on epoxy ceramic type coating. TiN also comes in colors not just the gold used on many drills and end mills.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Nope, not in hole state that I could find . . . shipping on the chemicals to Alaska are a real killer. I looked into setting up to do it when I was in Palmer but it's way cheper to send stuff out than bring the mazmat in. So I used Robar, I still do cuz I moved just 3 miles away from them so no shipping for me now.

http://robarguns.com/
    Looked at that website above and saw nothing about TiN. Is the NP3 the Tin you mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by dieNqvrs View Post
    Looked at that website above and saw nothing about TiN. Is the NP3 the Tin you mentioned?
    Well they used to do TiN but I don't see it on there now ether. Their NP3 is a similar electroplating process but with nickel as the primary metal rather than titanium in TiN. Both are similarly tough plaiting, this kind of nickel plate is one of the processes guys often call "hard chrome" but there is no chromium in it. Their NP3 is also Teflon impregnated which is a proprietary process that they hold a patent on, it's a very good gun finish too.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I have been very impressed with the black nitride finish by H&M metals. Steve at alaska custom firearms does quite a bit of work with them. It gets sent out of state it he will do all the disassembly, metal prep, reassembly, and test fire. It might cost a little bit more than ceracoat but it's a much better finish. I have been amazed with how well it works, especially in a wet invironment