Thread: .22LR in town

Default .22LR in town

Northern Security Supply and Fred Meyer N.Lights have pretty good supplies of CCI .22LR. Downside is that it's $.08/round.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

​$.08/round is probably why they still have it.

Both stores are within $.05 of each other on the 300 round packs. I think this may be the new normal.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Quote Originally Posted by .338-06 View Post
    Both stores are within $.05 of each other on the 300 round packs. I think this may be the new normal.
    I think its what its going to take to bring stock levels back for sure.

Like the new normal for a $15 box of 20 rifle cartridges is about $50. Don't expect the prices to drop any time soon.

I'll bet that within an hour of the OP announcing the location of 22LR in stock, it was all sold out.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

I did notice 9mm is lower than I've seen it in probably 10 years, particularly down south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I've noticed the prices for popular pistol (9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP) have creeped down slightly and stock has stabilized within the last year. Two years ago, the pistol end caps at SW in Soldotna were always empty. Now they are always full of pistol ammo. I aquired a new 9mm a couple years back and hadn't been doing much with 9mm prior to that, so it's been slow in building up a stock of 9mm ammo until last summer when the selection and stocking returned to a more normal state. Still haven't seen any 22LR ammo on the shelves in Soldotna, excluding the Remington cleaning kit that has a little box of 22LR inside.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Joat, I've gotten lucky a few times at 3Bears in Kenai. They keep it hidden away so you have to ask for it.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

I found Remington bricks of 550 for $19.97 each at Wal-mart the other day. They were the green and yellow box hollow points and had a limit of three boxes per customer. There were not on the shelf, I just asked the sales guy if there had been any coming in and he said today is your lucky day. My supply was very low so I got 3 boxes. That is for me, my wife, my son, and grand daughter. This will do me for a while. I have not shot 25 rounds in my 22's in about 2 years because of them being not available, but I might shooh a few now.

Chugiak 3 Bears has Federal target match .22 ammo right now. Less than $20 a box.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Chugiak 3 Bears has Federal target match .22 ammo right now. Less than $20 a box.
    22 mag is also available.