Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumors of My Demise are Exaggerated.....

Default Rumors of My Demise are Exaggerated.....

Some years past I used to kill my down time posting on this forum. I found it to be informative and rewarding with many friendly members. I moved from the great state of Alaska and considered any contribution I may make here to be less than spiritual as I was no longer a resident. Maybe it never was but I've visited here off and on over the past half dozen years just to see how things go and it is still a very good forum in a e-world of many forums. I'm glad its still rolling along. Time and my location has not allowed me to peruse its pages very often.

I have spent way too much time working in the past few years, this after I retired from the Federal bureaucracy. I've found a new profession and had occasion to travel around the globe a bit to places where I'd rather not visit. Lands of many good people whose lives are controlled by many bad people. It shouldn't be that way but it is and has been for centuries. Never the less it does remind us of how fortunate we are and how truly great were the founding fathers of this great nation. I did get to spend some time in the nation of Israel and get reacquainted with some old friends there. Thats a country with many freedoms, including the freedom to own guns and to carry them about as though there was no shame to do so. I like that. Thats the way it should be.

To those who may remember my posts here I say hello and hope all is well with your house. Maybe I'll stop by again soon and scrutinize the bear stories and the latest tidbits about shooting in Alaska. I am back in country and intend to stay. I'm too old and fragile to wander too far from home anymore. It's been a great run but I think I'll going to spend some time on the porch.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Good to hear from you Murph! Glad to hear you're okay. Be good to read more of your knowledge and stories.

Porches are good!
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Welcome back Murphy! With you on it, your porch carries some real wisdom and class.

Good to hear from you! Welcome back any time.

Remember one well placed sandbag can make a big difference.Try to stay safe
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I have been wondering why you have not been on here lately. Would like to see you back on here again.

Welcome back, Your depth of knowledge has been missed.

Good to hear from you....I have not contributed to this forum as much as I would like. I have gained much much more than I have given. I think I may have posted this before, but, you sir Murphy, your writings/ contributions are the main reason I got addicted to this forum....the only one I revisit with frequency. Thank you.

Great to hear from ya again professor. Drag the laptop out on the porch and stay a while boss.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Some years past I used to kill my down time posting on this forum. I found it to be informative and rewarding with many friendly members. I moved from the great state of Alaska and considered any contribution I may make here to be less than spiritual as I was no longer a resident. Maybe it never was but I've visited here off and on over the past half dozen years just to see how things go and it is still a very good forum in a e-world of many forums. I'm glad its still rolling along. Time and my location has not allowed me to peruse its pages very often.

I have spent way too much time working in the past few years, this after I retired from the Federal bureaucracy. I've found a new profession and had occasion to travel around the globe a bit to places where I'd rather not visit. Lands of many good people whose lives are controlled by many bad people. It shouldn't be that way but it is and has been for centuries. Never the less it does remind us of how fortunate we are and how truly great were the founding fathers of this great nation. I did get to spend some time in the nation of Israel and get reacquainted with some old friends there. Thats a country with many freedoms, including the freedom to own guns and to carry them about as though there was no shame to do so. I like that. Thats the way it should be.

To those who may remember my posts here I say hello and hope all is well with your house. Maybe I'll stop by again soon and scrutinize the bear stories and the latest tidbits about shooting in Alaska. I am back in country and intend to stay. I'm too old and fragile to wander too far from home anymore. It's been a great run but I think I'll going to spend some time on the porch.
    Hey professor Murphy!! Good to hear from you my friend, although the talk of old and fragile is a line of crap...you are one bad*** for sure (and we are close to the same age, so don't bring me down guy...I know I'm still going strong and there are no porches in my future). Keep in touch every now and then...it hasn't been the same without you . So many of us have learned so much from you, sir.

Chuck

Welcome back. You have been missed..
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Welcome home, Murphy. It's great to hear from you again!
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Gosh dang it. I am glad your back. Now if you could publish that book that you have put together, it would make my year.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

Instead of the porch get......get some air and enjoy the "good" in life friend. I'm with ya!

Nice to hear from you sir, and the simple message you wrote is loud and clear, once again a volume of wisdom from your travels...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Sounds like you fought the good fight. Wish we had more like you, Murph!
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Nice to hear from you. Figured you were doing something "interesting".
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Murph:

What is your take on "American Sniper"? The movie as it is portrayed...and the message to Americans.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I have missed out not being here for so long.
    I have not seen the Movie but have pre-ordered a DVD of it. I have read the book, have an autographed copy of it, and found it to be authored by a true American Hero. I met Chris Kyle back about 2011 and have been through some of Craft Internationals courses. He is correct when he refers to the savages as "savages". This latest video proves that a good call. He was a great American and a great guy who cared about his country, his family and his Brothers. It was a terrible loss to this country and to those of us who have fought for it when he was murdered.
    Last edited by Murphy; 02-04-2015 at 22:12.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast