Thread: King Kandy??

Default King Kandy??

Anybody try these lures from Pt. Wilson Dart?

http://www.pointwilsondartwebspecial...ing-kandy.html

Don't know if they've been out for a while, but I just found them at the Seattle Boat Show.

I've been fishing Brad's cut plugs exclusively for the past 3 years, use them for everything from mootching to trolling.

I like the idea of a full herring type of lure so I picked this one up. Will give it a roll, but the thing I like about the brads is the ability to pull both hooks up tight to the lure, one mid lure the trailer right next to the "stern". This king kandy doesn't have the same ability.

Will post results later, but curious if anyone loves em or hates them or has tried them.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

They look awesome...I spent 2 days at the show and missed them... Cop car color is out of stock already.

I just purchased a couple to try this year. I to have been fishing exclusively with Brads. I'll post back when I catch something with them.

I haven't seen the King Candy before.
    We used an Apex version in December and did real well with it.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

A bud lives a few houses down the street from the PW Dart guy (I forget his name at the moment). He fishes with the guy now and then, and has been talking about the King Kandy for a couple of years. Action is somewhere between the Brads and the Apex, kind of best of both worlds. He reports it's not nearly so finicky about rigging as the Brads, with fewer missed hits (a problem with Brads if not rigged just right), but better hookups than Apex. Action is more like Apex than Brads, but fished side by side he's convinced they outfish the Apex.

All second hand, but my bud has over 40 years of trolling under his belt and is really picky about his gear. He's sold. Got my attention anyway.

cut plug.JPG

Really looking forward to trying the Kandy. I haven't had a problem with too many misses with the brads, but I like the hooks up tight on the lure. I'm going to mess around with the king kandy and see if I can get the same type of setup, assuming I don't like the way it works out of the box.

In addition, I don't use the standard holes that come with the brad's. I drill new ones to get the roll that I want out of the lure.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

White/pearl with a rainbow of color dots works for kings... always. Anything green/chartruse too. Or white/pearl with pink.

#1 most important factor seems to be having confidence in what ever is on the end of your line, less you second guess yourself all day and feel bad when you get skunked. I see all kinds of crazy stuff fished and it all seems to work (eventually) for salmon.

Sobie2

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I haven't seen the King Candy before.
    We used an Apex version in December and did real well with it.
    Looks like he's stealing your logo Chris ??? I met the guy once and wasn't impressed.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692