Thread: Pristine Ventures Recommendation

Default Pristine Ventures Recommendation

Since I just sold my 16' NRS cataraft I used part of the money to order the new Legend from Pristine Ventures. I already have an Alpacka Explorer and a PR 49. Without getting into specifics I was blown away by the customer service I got from Pristine Ventures. I have used the Explorer on my most of my trips but with the addition of the PR 49 last year it expanded significant the amount of gear I could carry and came in handy when a sweeper took out my wife in the Alpacka and we lost her kayak paddle. We were able to pack her gear, the Alpacka and her onto the PR 49 with my gear and finish the float out safely. Looking forward to adding the Legend to the mix and doing some family trips before hunting season.

Steve

I will second great customer service from P.V. Its great when businesses recognize importance of standing behind their products.

I've only dealt with Larry Bartlett from Pristine Ventures one time. I bought a used 14 foot NRS Otter from him for $2000. It came with a frame, 3 paddles, and a repair kit. I bought it from him about 8 years ago. When I bought it, it was already about 5-10 years old. I've taken it on at least one float hunt every year since then, plus I use it a lot in the summer to float rivers like the Gulkana and the Kenai to go fishing with my family.

In all that time I've only had to repair one small leaky seam. It has packed out several moose, caribou, and bear. I'd say it was a good investment. And yes, I was impressed with his customer service. He lives in Fairbanks and I live in Wasilla. He delivered it to my backyard free of charge. Nice guy and he delivered like he said he would. I would not have reservations about doing business with him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    I've only dealt with Larry Bartlett from Pristine Ventures one time. I bought a used 14 foot NRS Otter from him for $2000. It came with a frame, 3 paddles, and a repair kit. I bought it from him about 8 years ago. When I bought it, it was already about 5-10 years old. I've taken it on at least one float hunt every year since then, plus I use it a lot in the summer to float rivers like the Gulkana and the Kenai to go fishing with my family.

In all that time I've only had to repair one small leaky seam. It has packed out several moose, caribou, and bear. I'd say it was a good investment. And yes, I was impressed with his customer service. He lives in Fairbanks and I live in Wasilla. He delivered it to my backyard free of charge. Nice guy and he delivered like he said he would. I would not have reservations about doing business with him again.
    NRS makes a heck of a boat, so no surprises there. And I have never heard anything negative about Larry's customer service. He seems to take really good care of his people.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

I also bought my first raft from Larry back in 2001, a pre owned Aire Cougar, which I really wish I would have held on too. Last summer I bought a PR-49 and really like it also. In my opinion Larry is a top notch, stand up guy, who runs a respectable business and his customer service is second to none. I hope to add another one of his boats into my collection in the future.