Thread: Not really hunting related but I had to share this video (archery) I'm impressed

Default Not really hunting related but I had to share this video (archery) I'm impressed

So since its still the off season and some of us still have that cabin fever in full swing, itching to get out and do some spring hunting I figured I would share this video that a buddy sent me a link to.. I am a avid archery guy but this just blew me away.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

feel free to move this over to the archery section thought I was already in that area when I posted.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Amazing - thanks for the share.

Now THAT is absolutely incredible........beyond amazing...!!!

To shoot an arrow in half that is flying threw the air....Totally crazy...!!!!......Fred bear ain't got nothin' on him...!!!

I'd have to say that that guy is using a lot more of his brain than most of us......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Freak show. How the heck he even thinks of that stuff, much less how he pulls it off!

I just watched this the other night. That is dedication and just absolute skill. Even when he is moving and jumping his accuracy is amazing.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

There was a time when mankind depended on the bow to feed himself.

There was a time when entire countries went to war with the bow in hand. Or when entire countries defended themselves with the bow.

Now we have whisker biscuits, lighted nocks, and Rage broadheads.

Evolution?

As we evolve we lose skill but learn how to use un needed gimmicks
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by delong1301 View Post

Evolution?
    Nobody ever said progress was a good thing. Hell, they can put a man on the moon but still can't even figure out how to close a river before all the fish are gone......

This is way cool. Thanks for the share. Kind of off topic, but this is one of the reasons why I choose to shoot traditional over a compound. Not that I will ever shoot a bow like this guy, but you could never shoot a compound like that. Using a traditional bow allows you to make quicker reflex shots relying more on eye hand coordination rather than relying on technology (sights, trigger releases etc.). I think archery is really a dying lost art and this guy takes it to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    This is way cool. Thanks for the share. Kind of off topic, but this is one of the reasons why I choose to shoot traditional over a compound. Not that I will ever shoot a bow like this guy, but you could never shoot a compound like that.
    I also have a thing about traditional, and was thinking the same thing about the compound......

Just had a thought......they need to get this guy for the next Lord of the Rings movie. He could be the "Master Elf".........lol.

Hard to believe how fast he could shoot 10 arrows. Simply phenomenal....!!!

glad I was able to share something to keep our minds active haha.. I am a compound guy just because I do enjoy the aspect but I can shoot pretty well with a traditional long bow. But this guy has me taking notes as well as most archers.

Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    glad I was able to share something to keep our minds active haha.. I am a compound guy just because I do enjoy the aspect but I can shoot pretty well with a traditional long bow. But this guy has me taking notes as well as most archers.
    Someone should tell David Letterman about him.........lol

That was cool. Thanks for posting. I recently got back into archery after a couple of decades hiatus. This time I'm going the traditional route and it's becoming very addicting.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    As we evolve we lose skill but learn how to use un needed gimmicks

Industrial revolution. We now "need" "stuff" so we have to work for 8, 10, 14 hours a day... & find a few spare minutes here or there to shoot a bow, or recreate the time we used to spend fulfilling our innate desire to be outside.

I often feel I'm a couple hundred years late... then I get in a warm truck, go to a warm home, etc. etc. & realize I'm pretty blessed to be alive in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by AKFF View Post
    Industrial revolution. We now "need" "stuff" so we have to work for 8, 10, 14 hours a day... & find a few spare minutes here or there to shoot a bow, or recreate the time we used to spend fulfilling our innate desire to be outside.

I often feel I'm a couple hundred years late... then I get in a warm truck, go to a warm home, etc. etc. & realize I'm pretty blessed to be alive in 2015.
    And overpopulate an entire planet in the process. If we still relied on skills like only hunting with a bow to feed ourselves how many people would be around?
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

I saw this recently too and realized how smart this guy was as well. Nobody chambers their rifle from the weak hand but most if not all shoot the bow from the wrong side with a reach over. I'll never be any good but I'd love to play around with some of these techniques