Thread: Gun show this weekend!!!

Default Gun show this weekend!!!

Wasilla H.S. gun show this weekend!
    Palmer gun show in two weeks.

Any more details? Days, times, place. I haven't been to a gun show in a long time and would like to go on Sunday if possible. Thanks for the heads up.

We had a great time today. There were some deals and then more of the sameoldsameold. We got to reconnect with several friends too. Lots of pre64 winnies for sale as well. Worth the trip. The black-gun madness seems to be slowing. E.

Quote Originally Posted by 426nut View Post
    Lots of pre64 winnies for sale as well.
    That's good news.

The black-gun madness seems to be slowing. E.
    That's good news, too.

Any H110 there?

8lb container of h110 upstairs to the right of the machine gun association.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    8lb container of h110 upstairs to the right of the machine gun association.
    Someone must have beat me to it. Only one guy had powder (downstairs) and nothing I could use. Didn't look at the prices.

On the other hand, ran into a ham radio acquaintance manning the machine gun tables. They had a couple of historic rifles I had never seen before and got to lay hands on, so that was cool. (Canadian Ross Rifle, French MAS).

So that was my first "Alaskan" gun show. Better than the lower 48. Although still went away empty-handed, but it only cost $5 to get in and free parking so no problem there. (I'm used to paying $10-15, with parking fees, to get into a gun show.)

Gave me an opportunity to see what other people were asking for various rifles I either own or want to own. Lot of pre-64 Winchesters. Even saw two very nice 1873's in 32-20. I didn't have enough cash for either of them.

So not a totally wasted day, but I didn't see any "deals" either. (Except for the guy selling surplus Army field gear who was selling GI mess kit cutlery-just the knife/fork/soon for $25. What a steal. I should have bought all of them.

In two weeks is the palmer fairground show, free parking and seven bucks at the door. Always a fun time.

In two weeks is the palmer fairground show, free parking and seven bucks at the door. Always a fun time.

Well, I can only go if my girlfriend is on the slope. Otherwise, I'm not allowed to spend any money. LOL

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Who is putting that one on?

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I found two boxes of 32S&W Long cases and I'm looking for a few more if anyone has some.

Matanuska Valley Sportsmen is putting this one on. I believe that this is their 6th year. Date/hours will be Feb 7-8, 1000AM-500PM both days.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Who is putting that one on?

SOTN

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Thanks.

SOTN
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I found two boxes of 32S&W Long cases and I'm looking for a few more if anyone has some.
    The guy that chews a cigar and has all the brass for sale in zip lock baggies, had a bunch of it at the last couple of shows I went too. I bout 1, 000 pieces a couple years ago online. Also, Cabellas has 327 Federal... if you don't mind trimming them.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio