Last SHOT we got very active with Meopta. We arranged an exclusive scope:
MeoPro 3.5-10x44 Z-Plex Reticle #541800 GDLE
which we reduced in price from $649.99 to only $399.99 Yes, for those of you who know me and have figured it out GDLE stands for Gr8fulDoug Limited Edition.
Today they sweetened the opportunity to you as they will now include a Meopta Neoprene two piece cover with each scope at no additional charge.

Meopta MeoPro® HD Binocular Series
MeoPro HD 8x32 @ $649.99 $649.99
MeoPro HD 10x32 @ $699.99
MeoPro 8x42 @ $849.99
MeoPro 10x42 @ $899.99

MeoPro HD Binocular Series Key Features
– Built in the USA
– TO2TM (Twilight Optimized Optics) system delivers the highest light transmission when you need it most – in the low light of dawn and dusk.
– Proprietary ion assisted lens coatings. MeoBrightTM coating eliminates glare and reflections and delivers incredibly bright (98.7% transmission per lens surface) and sharp images across the field of view. MeoShieldTM coating protects external lens surfaces from abrasions and scratches.
– HD fluoride objective lens elements eliminate chromatic aberration (CA) or color fringing by bringing light wavelengths into a single common focus along the optical axis – delivering maximum resolution and vivid color fidelity in challenging lighting conditions
– Magnesium chassis is lightweight, rugged and completely nitrogen purged for fogproof, waterproof and shockproof performance. Sculpted rubber armor protects binocular body from abrasion and impacts and provides excellent tactile feel and grip.
– Covered by Meopta’s North American Lifetime Transferable Warranty.

Meopta Expands its 1-Inch MeoPro® Riflescope Line

MeoPro 3-9x40 and 3-9x40 R/M (Rimfire/Muzzleloader)
Featuring a low-profile 40mm objective, these 3-9x40’s are perfect for all-around hunting situations. The 3-9x40 R/M is specifically designed for rimfire rifles and muzzleloaders with parallax optimized at 50 yards for close-range accuracy.

Reticle options: #4, Z-Plex and BDC (all in the second focal plane)

Specifications:

Adjustment per click (in/100 yds): ¼
Square adjustment range (in/100 yds): 43
Eye Relief (inches): 4.00
Turret Options: MeoTrak RZ (Hunting)
Parallax free from 100 yards to infinity (50 yards to infinity for R/M model)
Weight: 15.2 oz.

MeoPro 4.5-14x44 and 4.5-14x44 T
This is the perfect riflescope for medium- to long-range hunting. Its convenient parallax turret adjusts from 30 yards to infinity for precision shooting in the field or on the range.
Reticle options: #4, Z-Plex, McWhorter and BDC (all in the second focal plane)
Specifications:

Adjustment per Click (in/100 yds): ¼
Square Adjustment Range (in/100 yds): 43
Eye Relief (inches): 3.5
Turret Options: MeoTrak RZ (Hunting) or
MeoTrak TRZ (Target)
Parallax Adjustment: 30 yards to infinity
Weight: 17.1 oz.

MeoPro 4.5-14x50 and 4.5-14x50 T
The 50mm objective lens gathers more light making this an excellent riflescope for long-range hunting in low-light conditions. This scope also features a convenient parallax adjustment that focuses from 30 yards to infinity.
Reticle options: #4, Z-Plex, McWhorter and BDC (all in the second focal plane)

Specifications:

Adjustment per Click (in/100 yds): ¼
Adjustment Range (in/100 yds): 68 elevation and 45 windage
Eye Relief (inches): 3.5
Turret Options: MeoTrak RZ (Hunting) or
MeoTrak TRZ (Target)
Parallax adjustment: 30 yards to infinity
Weight: 19.75 oz.

MeoPro Riflescope Key Features
– Built in the USA
– TO2TM (Twilight Optimized Optics) system delivers the highest light transmission when you need it most – in the low light of dawn and dusk.
– Proprietary ion assisted lens coatings. MeoBrightTM coating eliminates glare and reflections and delivers incredibly bright (98.7% transmission per lens surface) and sharp images across the field of view. MeoShieldTM coating protects external lens surfaces from abrasions and scratches.
– MeoTrak RZ Turrets:
Hunting Turret: Resettable zero, posi-click, finger-adjustable windage and elevation turrets ensure maximum adjustment range and instant re-zeroing. The turret dials can be quickly repositioned without changing the adjustment setting of the scope, allowing the shooter to accurately reset to the original zero of the rifle if further adjustments are required.
– MeoTrak TRZ Turrets:
Target Turrets: Oversized, resettable zero, posi-click, finger-adjustable windage and elevation target turrets ensure maximum adjustment range and reliable re-zeroing. The precise, numerically indexed, oversized turret dials can be quickly repositioned without changing the adjustment setting of the scope, allowing the shooter to accurately reset to the original zero of the rifle if further adjustments are required.
– MeoQuickTM fast-focus eyepiece rapidly brings targets into sharp focus and provides extra diopter travel to accommodate a wider range of visual acuity variations.
– A 1-inch, one-piece aircraft grade aluminum tube is ELOX hard anodized. All MeoPro riflescopes are nitrogen purged, fogproof and shockproof for life.
– Covered by Meopta’s North American Lifetime Transferable Warranty.

Off to Steiner To be honest the last few years have been a turbulent ride for us and Steiner. Many management changes at Steiner the last couple of years causing, for lack of a better description, growing pains for both them and our relationship with them. I arrived at their booth with an attitude of indifference and was pleasantly surprised with how our meeting went.
We discussed many things..
* New Riflescopes
* New binoculars
* Their place in our new store

After a nice chat we got on the same page. I was happy to see their new products and quite honestly I was very impressed. I do hope that their marketing dept. does a good job of getting the word out as they have a history of great products that nobody knows about.

Wildlife XP Binoculars

These are Steiners answer to a top of the line Swarovski or Leica. I did not have the ability to do a side by side and it is inside of a convention center so even if I did have the three next to each other it would have been a lousy place to compare them all. So for now I will just share detail with you.

ULTRA-HIGH-DEFINITION-OPTICS
- True colours, exact detail resolution, optimized contrast
o high-quality SCHOTT fluoride glass combined with highest manufacturing precision
 high colour fidelity
 exact detail resolution
 top-class light transmission
- XL-field of view
o Extra-large field of view for a better overview
 Wildlife XP 10x44: 112 m
 Wildlife XP 8x44: 133 m
- 3-D-Brilliance
o sculptural images
o absolutely natural colour reproduction
o excellent depth of field

RAPID-PRECISION-FOCUS-SYSTEM
- Precision Setting - dual dioptre adjustment
o individual setting of both eyes
o perfect vision on both eyes
- Fast-Close-Focus
o The Steiner Fast-Close-Focus allows for a fast and convenient focusing as close as 2 metres with just one turn of the focusing wheel
- Distance-Control-System: tested and proven
o guarantees a faster recognition thanks to the pre-setting of the distance

COMFORT-BALANCE-SYSTEM
- ComfortGrip
o specially shaped, thumb rests
 extremely comfortable fit
 invaluable especially during long-term observations
 also one-handed use
- Soft silicon eyepieces: Cylindrical, for spectacle wearers
o The patented Steiner Twist-Up Eyecups easily adjust for optimal exit pupil distance to ensure a full XL-field of view– even for spectacle wearers
 Protection against incidental light from the side as well as from wind draughts.

EXTREME RUGGEDNESS
- High-tech magnesium housing
o Light, corrosion-free and shock proof
- Nitrogen pressure filling via two-valve system
o Prevention from fogging up
o No formation of condensation inside the binocular
- Waterpressureproof up to 5 metres
- Temperature resistant
o From -40°C to +80°C
- STEINER Nano-Protection®
o proven thin, hydrophobic surface finishing for a reliably clear view
 rain or snow disappear immediately from the field of view lenses are very easy to clean
- NBR-Longlife Rubber Armouring
 Prevents the binocular from shock
 Resistant to effects of oil, acid or weathering
 Even in extremely wet conditions, heat or cold the surface stays grasp and slip-proof

STEINER Military 5-25x56mm Horus H59 Reticle
General Description
• Broad band Anti Reflection coated optic guarantee a maximum light transmission of greater than 90%.
• A rugged 34 mm compact 1-pc body tube main tube construction.
• Integrated rotary side focus and digital illumination system knobs mounted on the turret for comfort and ease of use with or without gloves on.
• Elevation knob designed to provide both visual and tactile indication of rotational position.
• Eye relief does not vary appreciable over power range. The image remains sharp and focused over the entire field of view.
• Front focal plane, so sub-tension remains unchanged over the magnification range for quick and easy target identification and accuracy.
• The illuminated, glass etched Horus H59 reticle is designed to provide a means to determine both bullet drop plus measurement capability regardless of day or night light conditions.
• Fast focus eyepiece.
• Fully waterproof to 10 meters.
• Aircraft grade machined aluminum knobs for positive grip and durability in all conditions.

STEINER MRS (Micro Reflex Sight)
The STEINER MRS (Micro Reflex Sight) provides shooters with a clear aiming point in all light conditions and for all battlefield scenerios – instantaneously.
Technical Specifications:
Product Color Black / Semi-Gloss (according to master sample) , Plastic cover in black with print in white color
Magnification 1,07x
Transmission Day >76% /Night >87%
Optical Axis Height 18 mm
Lens size 21x15 mm
Windage, Elevation 390 cm.@ 100 m
Zeroing Click Size 1 MOA per click; 30 clicks
Mount Compatibility MIL-STD 1913
Mount Attachment Screw
Coating Hard broadband AR coating
Weight including Mount Max.70 grams (Mount with screws 20g, single parts 20g)
Length, Width, Height incl mount 48 mm x 46 mm x 40 mm
Aiming Point central LED point,  = 3 MOA according to order
Colour of Point Red
Illumination, Brightness Control Automatic Brightness Control, and 3 steps manually
Operating Temperature - 25 to + 55 °C
Storage Temperature - 40 to + 70 °C
Battery / Life 550 hours
Battery Cover waterproof, screw cap for use with gloves secured with rubber
Parallax 40 m fix
Battery CR 1632
Submersion, Water 10 meters, 10 min

Lastly, I looked at a product that is so not our usual style product, however, way cool:
STEINER INNOVATIVE COMBAT SIGHT 6x40
The STEINER ICS accurately calculates the point of aim based on the ammunition ballistics and the measured distance and angle to the target.
With the simple push of a button, both the laser range finder and bullet drop compensation software is activated. The point of aim is automatically displayed via an illuminated red dot.
Technical Specifications:
Magnification: 6x
Diameter of objective: 40 mm
Eye relief: 73-80 mm
Exit pupil: 6,7 mm
Field of view (at 100 m): 7 m @ 100 m (4°)
Distance Measurement: max. range 800 m
Ranging Time: 500 m 1 sec., 700 m 2 sec.
Parallax (Focus) adjust.: fix at 100 m
Click value at 100 m: ½ MOA (1,5 cm @ 100 m)
Max. elevation and windage adjustm.: ± 60 MOA
Mount compatibility: MIL-STD-1913
Base for CQB-Sight: Integrated base at 12 o‘clock position
Backup Iron Sight: modular, positioned on the right side
Optical axis heigh: 39 mm
Operating temperature: -25ºC / +65ºC
Storage temperature: -40ºC / +85ºC
Waterpressure proof: to 10 m
100% fog proof inside: yes (nitrogen filled)
Weight: < 790 g
Lenght / Width / Height: 199,7 mm / 73 mm / 76 mm
Illumination: 4 steps (dimmable)
Battery: CR 123 A, 1pcs.
Laser Output Power: Eye safe laser, Class 1 (905 nm)

I got my after show ice cream cone, Strawberry Cream, and walked outside into 60* bright sunshine without a cloud in the sky. What a magnificent day

================================================== =============
Day 3:

My first meeting today was with Leupold which for me is very exciting. We have only been a Leupold dealer for a couple of years and our sales with them are through the roof. Could be because we strongly agree with their way of doing business. They have 650 employees right here in the USA and all their riflescopes are built right here in the USA. These are quality optics that you need never worry about, however, they still back these great products with a lifetime unconditional warranty. Pretty impressive in my opinion.

I saw some very exciting new products today.

The BX-3 Mojave Pro Guide HD Binocular:
Designed with professional guides in mind, the BX-3 Mojave Pro Guide™ HD adds high-definition performance to everything people love about the BX-3 Mojave. High-definition lenses provide an amazingly clear image. Specially coated extra-low dispersion lenses offer razor-sharp resolution and color to easily
pick out game in heavy brush. The open bridge design makes the BX-3 Mojave Pro Guide HD lightweight, ergonomic and easy to use while delivering the performance and durability professional guides demand. 100% waterproof and fog proof and backed by the Leupold Gold Ring Full Lifetime Guarantee, the BX-3
Mojave Pro Guide HD is a must-have addition to any pack.

The other item that impressed me is their new Leupold® D-EVO Scope:
Revolutionary solutions require original thinking. Leupold engineers have innovated again with the all new Dual-Enhanced View Optic (D-EVO™). A unique, innovative
design allows the 6x20mm D-EVO to be paired perfectly with the Leupold Carbine Optic (LCO™), or virtually any red dot sight from any manufacturer, to deliver a bold aiming point for reflexive shots and a magnified image for long-range precision with the mere movement of your eye. The exclusive Close Mid-Range Reticle with Wind Holds (CMR-W) allows users to successfully estimate range and engage targets with greater precision, speed, and flexibility and the hold-overs are compatible with 5.56/.223 and 7.62/.308 cartridges. The reticle features a 0.5 MOA dot surrounded by a 5 MOA circle, mil-based ranging features and windage hold points. The D-EVO utilizes minimal rail space, is waterproof to 66 feet, and is backed by the Leupold Gold Ring Lifetime Guarantee.
This is the first I've ever seen something like this. It's like having two scopes mounted at the same time so you'll have a 1x as well as a 6x rather than needing a 1-6x variable scope. Revolutionary product that I found to be way cool as well as practical.

We are also going to start carrying Redfield products. Once we are settled in the new store we will work closely together to bring into our inventory some Redfield products. I am very excited about expanding our offerings.

Please see next post as this was too long for 2 posts, lol