Thread: How can Unique

Default How can Unique

be essentially unavailable?

No doubt one of the mainstay powders for handguns...and very versatile in shotguns.

But for the life of me, I haven't been able to find ANY at ANY price for months.

I would think that Alliant would be cranking Unique out as fast as possible.

I'm sure they are, but the distribution channels are tapped dry. So, it disappears as fast as it hits the shelves. Things do seem to be getting better though. It wasn't too long ago when there was absolutely no powder on the shelves. ... Well, I had some on my shelves (and still do), but there wasn't any in the stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

I would add Bullseye, Power Pistol, and Blue Dot to the "scarce" list as well.

Got a can a SW Wasilla a couple months ago. They had a case on the shelf. Probably should have grabbed more than one, but I didn't.

All pistol is scarce. I would like some 2400.

The time SW had Unique, they also had 700x, which wasn't on my radar.

Guess that I got LUCKY last week as I found 1lb of Unique and 2lbs of Bullseye. Just got to keep hitting all of the stores!

Find a Hodgdon substitute. They are shipping out alot more powders than Alliant. My wholesalers here in the lower 48 have been doing pretty good with Hodgdon but I rarely see anything good coming in from Alliant. Winchester is about the same as Alliant.

I picked up a couple of lbs. of Unique at 3 bears a couple of months back. Never tried it before but read nothing but good things about it in the 45 ACP cartridge. I tried it last week with some Berry's 230gr FMJ and my pistol loves the stuff. Would like to buy or trade for more as I got other pistol powders that I could trade.

Cabella'ipment of Unique that showed up right before Thanksgiving. I doddled after someone letting me konw, and they were sold out by the time I got there.

Basically all handgun/shotgun powders are hard to come by.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.