Thread: Anyone make the ALCAN trip recently?

Default Anyone make the ALCAN trip recently?

Getting ready to start our way back to Alaska for "retired life" since I was medically retired. We are looking at end of Feb early April but was curious how the roads are looking this time of year. I have made the trip several times in spring, winter, fall, summer etc. But I am reaching out for how the roads are this year and if the oil costs have finally dropped prices along the ALCAN. We will be making the trip in my 13 Dodge Ram as well as dragging a 6x12 enclosed trailer behind us. We were tempted to take the ferry but with our size family it will end up costing quite a bit more than we expect to pay driving. I have been watching the road conditions online and keeping track of closures etc. I also will be bringing my CB and SAT phone for backup.

Thanks in advance
    -Ryan

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Im flying down on 2/12 and starting the drive up from Spokane on 2/13. Ill let you know!
    In Nature's Image Taxidermy and Game Calls
    Palmer

Great appreciate the heads up. We will be leaving NC on the 16th of Feb so we should be right on your tail. Thanks again look forward to hearing how the conditions are.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Ryan, What part of the state are you heading for??

We drove up last April and I feel like our timing was perfect. Late enough that the roads were clear (mostly) but early enough to be ahead of the endless caravan of motorhomes. It was smooth sailing all the way.

Safe travels,

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post
    Ryan, What part of the state are you heading for??
    Mat-su valley