Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KTVA ch11

Default KTVA ch11

Anyone else see this guys video feeding his sport caught fish to Eagles, also he said his next video is of him using his drone to photograph sheep on the the Seward hwy at close proximity? What do you think about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about the photographing, not sure it's any worse than the hundreds of people stopping along the highway, getting out of their vehicles and walking up next to the sheep for pictures, both seem like harassing to me. Obviously the sport caught fish thing is a bad deal imo
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Default KTVA ch11

[https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bp3F82FXWW4# Here is a link

Sound like a slam dunk case of want and waste to me. Go get him Trooper Trent.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bp3F82FXWW4#

I don't know about the sheep part, but we generally feed an eagle at least one fish if we are into the little rainbows. Eagles have to eat too, and it isn't wasted. I sure wouldn't post video of it though... but folks these days are obsessed with videoing themselves.

Oh, and before I catch hell, we count any so-sacrificed fish as part of our bag limit, so don't get your panties in a wad.

So lemme
    Understsnd....you catch a fish. Feed it to a eagle. But you count it as your bag limit? Am I understanding correct?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    So lemme
    Understsnd....you catch a fish. Feed it to a eagle. But you count it as your bag limit? Am I understanding correct?
    If someone catches a fish and it isn't released back into the water, then I would expect them to count it toward their bag limit. What am I missing? (I am not commenting on the use of the fish, just on the bag limit aspect)

No no, not questioning that. Should not have had the word "but" in there. Sorry. Just a interesting topic. Wonder how troopers would interpret that one is all. It's your fish, but it wasn't salavaged for human consumption. Just be interesting to hear how one would handle it. Lol well maybe a few, we'd probably get a few
    Different answers!
    Am in no way saying your doing something wrong, just a new thought...
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    Not sure about the photographing, not sure it's any worse than the hundreds of people stopping along the highway, getting out of their vehicles and walking up next to the sheep for pictures, both seem like harassing to me. Obviously the sport caught fish thing is a bad deal imo
    Walking up to animals to take their picture is harassment? That's new to me. The sheep there are very accustomed to people and vehicle travel. 3 juvenile rams let me walk up within 40 feet of them one time and sit and watch them for a while.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Quote Originally Posted by highestview View Post
    Walking up to animals to take their picture is harassment? That's new to me. The sheep there are very accustomed to people and vehicle travel. 3 juvenile rams let me walk up within 40 feet of them one time and sit and watch them for a while.
    Would it be harassment for me to walk up to you and just start taking pictures of you?
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Quote Originally Posted by highestview View Post
    That really depends on the situation. Sounds like the one you described likely would not fall into the "harassment" category, but if your going up to them was moving them around, pushing them to move to other areas when they wouldn't otherwise, then it would be more in line with harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    Would it be harassment for me to walk up to you and just start taking pictures of you?
    NO, That would be a stand your ground law
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default KTVA ch11

Walking up to and buzzing with a drone for a close shot, two different things imo

So lemme
    Yes, if a fish is not released it's part of your limit. Is a starving eagle any less important than a planted rainbow trout? In so doing I might just be saving someone's small dog or cat... or a weasel, or a squirrel. And if you've never had an eagle swoop down and grab a fish on the ice only feet from you, you have missed a lot. We, of course, first experienced this when an eagle actually stole a fish from us. After that we kind of turned a blind eye to such thievery... but just one per fishing trip mind you. After that it's back to small mammals for the eagle.

I wonder if I shoot a deer and tag it and wait for a starving bear to take it if that's ok...be fun to watch. Might even save someone's kid from getting eaten!!! Interesting thread here, stuff I never though of until today....
    Master guide 212

I guess most of you havn't been to any of the local lakes to watch the non english speaking people FILL 5 gallon buckets with adfg FARMED stocking fish. The law does nothing about that so im guessing that one little FARMED STOCKER sent to the eagles belly isnt a big deal. atleast he didn't kill 50 stockers, that would be 48 over the limit. I'v see it happen many times. Now.... If I saw some one throw a 20 inch kenai rainbow to a eagle, I would be more incline to be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great White Hunter View Post
    least he didn't kill 50 stockers, that would be 48 over the limit....
    are you sure?
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

I wonder if I shoot a deer and tag it and wait for a starving bear to take it if that's ok...be fun to watch. Might even save someone's kid from getting eaten!!! Interesting thread here, stuff I never though of until today....
    That's funny! Would give you a rep if I could.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast