Thread: Who has Cessna 170 Tail Spring Brackets

Default Who has Cessna 170 Tail Spring Brackets

I'm looking for a couple of new Tail Spring Brackets for a Cessna 170. The same bracket is the one used for 172 and 175 tailwheel conversions. P/N is 0642140-3
    Somebody has to be stocking these someplace. I had heard that possibly they are being made as an aftermarket part also.
    From what I understand used is not the way to go for several reasons. The first is potential wear already on the unit, next is the hole pattern likely won't match up w/ existing fuselage holes, and last, the amount of labor to install them.
    Does anybody have a secret source they might divulge?
    ARR

Ill know where a NOS one is hanging. It'll cost you I'm sure. Ill pm u his number.
    Cheers
    KA

U Can't receive msgs.
    Email pa18drvr@gmail.com

KA

I got rid of messages this morning. I'll shoot you an e-mail shortly.
    ARR

Are you talking about the bracket that is riveted to the bottom of the rudder? Univair has those...you drill it to match your rivet pattern with a hole finder. Or are you talking about the leaf spring bracket? Your part # is no good....is that out of the 170 parts book? Don't use part #s out of conversion kits....

I'm not sure what bracket on the bottom of the rudder might be for a tail spring mounting assembly. The bracket I'm talking about is the one that rivets to the aircraft frame/fuselage that the tail spring assembly mounts to.
    The p/n I gave is actually for the L-19.
    The Cessna p/n are:
    0512154-1 Bracket-Tailwheel Mounting (bracket only)0512000-75 Bracket Assembly- Tailwheel Mounting (complete)

Another number for the assembly is:
    BDAC170
    That number was provided by a supplier, is a kit, not bracket only.

Hope that clarifies things. On that note, I believe I have found the elusive parts and may have extras available soon. It's pretty crazy when a guy initially gets a price on a part, say that U-bolt that holds the spring to the aft section of that bracket, for $300. I get Cessna parts are expensive, but that is stupid. I've seen that U-bolt listed for well over $100 since then. But that is not the worst of it. I had one parts provider tell me that the most recent price quoted for that U-bolt was, and this is not a typo, $1200. I spit my doughnut out when I heard that. So, me being me, I'm doing the research to find available resources for parts that the working man can afford. Or at least not lose his right arm to buy.
    I guess I'm too hard headed to waste my money needlessly,
    ARR

Let us know if you find a good deal parts it never hurts to have spares!
    Tim