Thread: Who uses sled decks

Default Who uses sled decks

Starting to see a few more sled decks in the back of pickup beds, pro's and cons of using one, is it a pain to unload sleds off them, thanks

It's Nice not having to worry about a trailer, keeps stuff dry and safe underneath.

Need an 8ft bed if you have longtracks. Scary loading, scarier unloading. Need 10ft ramps or longer to make it worth while.

Anchorage only because that's where the work is

Really like mine, loading is easy after you do it a few times, no trailer is great, easy parking and the best part is with all the weight in the back of the truck it is much better on icy road. People with them need to think about the angle of their headlights, I have adjustable axle airbags on my F250.

I like the sled decks. We use a 6 foot bed with 154 and 163 tracks. Just the first time you load be careful. I almost went over the cab. Now it is really easy. We also tow a trail, 4 can ride and we can park in a small spot. Good luck
    Anchorage Ak

With two sleds onboard that's roughly 1000 lbs above the bed rails and significantly alters your COG. Otherwise they're quite convenient.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

500lb sleds? You've Got newer rides than I do. I figure closer to 1400 with fluids for two