Thread: My son thinks my carry gun is outdated.

Default My son thinks my carry gun is outdated.

Last time the kids were home we made the usual trek to church on sunday. My son ask me if I was carrying. I said "for sure". What? He said," your dresser was covered with your carry guns". I kinda smiled and said "4n1/2 inch Superchickenhawk 44 with some 240 holler points loaded like a 44 special". He laughed at me! Can you believe it? Oh...chickenhawk and ss blackhawk be one in the same. Well it ain't black!
    Last edited by stid2677; 01-20-2015 at 11:44.

As long as one is proficient with the hand gun they are carrying, what difference does it make, as to what one is carrying? That is one reason there are so many different types of hand guns, so that we all have a choice! Besides, there is nothing wrong with a good 44 special load!

I really should proof read! I'm an old fart that spent the better part of my life climbing poles and putting wires together. Literary skills were not part of the equation. Shows too huh? should be THINKS not things! Smitty does it on purpose and it's funny....mine ain't on purpose!

I think your son was making a good suggestion, time to buy a new (another) gun.

A man just needs one more! EKC now ya have had me pondering on a Canik Shark, I am liken what I see and that is dangerous to my already depleted check book!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Just ask your boy how many of them antique 44s he thinks a bad guy would have to eat before he had enough. I'm thinkin about one.

Smoke, I carried the Shark on our last coyote outing. I shot it into a brush patch just to make some noise so Wiley Coyotie would do the jump and run thing. Well he did and I shot at him three times with the Shark before running up on him with the truck and mini -14ing him to death. I almost got him with the Shark. Just missed him twice at 50 yards. I'm liking the Shark!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    Smoke, I carried the Shark on our last coyote outing. I shot it into a brush patch just to make some noise so Wiley Coyotie would do the jump and run thing. Well he did and I shot at him three times with the Shark before running up on him with the truck and mini -14ing him to death. I almost got him with the Shark. Just missed him twice at 50 yards. I'm liking the Shark!
    Did you get the FC ( ported ) model or std?
    I think the ported looks cooler but I am not real fond of cleaning guns sooooo???
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Did you get the FC ( ported ) model or std?
    I think the ported looks cooler but I am not real fond of cleaning guns sooooo???
    This one http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=461146679

The chick in picture 12 did not come with the gun and quite frankly had she showed up at the door with the gun......I woulda been in a pickle!