Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hauling fuel? Anyone doing it?

Default Hauling fuel? Anyone doing it?

I'm going to end up being short of fuel again, and I'm not that excited about hauling in 1000 to 2000 gallons myself again. Anyone set up to do that on here? Does anyone know someone who does that? I'll get it done myself if I need to, but if anyone wants to make some money on the side, it might be an opportunity.

Thanks,
    Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

So you're saying I should bring my own next month? Pick up my bearcat tomorrow!

Awesome on the Bearcat Brian! Looking forward to seeing you out here. Nope, I'll have fuel in here. Just trying to find a better way where I don't have to go get it!

Claude

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    I'm going to end up being short of fuel again, and I'm not that excited about hauling in 1000 to 2000 gallons myself again. Anyone set up to do that on here? Does anyone know someone who does that? I'll get it done myself if I need to, but if anyone wants to make some money on the side, it might be an opportunity.

Thanks,
    Claude

If you have snow and a fuel truck at the trail head I have the equipment to haul it in no sweat. I would have to travel quite a distance to get my equipment there to haul though. I can haul about 500 gallons a trip unless I bring a couple of guys that work for me then we could do it in 1 trip. Do you have bbls? I usually charge $1.15 a gallon locally but of course would be more because your a couple hundred miles away.

Sorry we burned so much while we were there over the last 3 days but could not pass up the the BEAUTIFUL Weather....Thanks for an absolutely great weekend.

Just a word caution for any one traveling that way the Parks Hwy was extremely icy and we stopped to pull two SUVs out of the snow on the way home today

No problem Dupont! Don't ever sweat buying too much fuel! I'm way ahead of when I critically need it, and I'll figure it out! Was great having you guys up here! You definitely found some great snow!

Alexander, let's work some kind of deal! My plan was to have barrels delivered to the trailhead in Cantwell. I just don't have the equipment yet to haul enough to make it worthwhile for me. But if you can haul 500 a trip, that would be great! 2 or 3 trips and we'd be good. Give a call and we'll check some details. Thanks! 907-743-0565.

Claude

No problem Dupont! Don't ever sweat buying too much fuel! I'm way ahead of when I critically need it, and I'll figure it out! Was great having you guys up here! You definitely found some great snow!

Alexander, let's work some kind of deal! My plan was to have barrels delivered to the trailhead in Cantwell. I just don't have the equipment yet to haul enough to make it worthwhile for me. But if you can haul 500 a trip, that would be great! 2 or 3 trips and we'd be good. Give a call and we'll check some details. Thanks! 907-743-0565.

Claude

Will do, I get home from Hawaii on Saturday and have go start the Homestead up. We have no snow to haul so looks like I could be doing something constructive! Will call soon.

Default Got our fuel! Huge Thanks to alexander and crew!! Pic's!

alexander and crew got our fuel delivered out yesterday!! What a great way to get fuel! They hauled out 1300 gallons from Cantwell with 4 snow machines! It was excellent finally meeting Mike and seeing how he does it! Amazing how much fuel they could haul in one trip. I think one machine was pulling nearly 500 gallons. Anyhow, thanks a lot to Mike and crew for the delivery! We highly recommend them for any winter hauling needs you have! I think they could haul anything anywhere you wanted it delivered!

A pic's to show the 'Fuel Train'.

Claude
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like a advertisement for Ski-Doo.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Any premium in that load or is it all regular gasoline?

All regular.. sorry Rick! But you can steal some from Erik and Doug's drums they have here. lol!

Rick haul in some AVGas and mix.....

alexander and crew got our fuel delivered out yesterday!! What a great way to get fuel! They hauled out 1300 gallons from Cantwell with 4 snow machines! It was excellent finally meeting Mike and seeing how he does it! Amazing how much fuel they could haul in one trip. I think one machine was pulling nearly 500 gallons. Anyhow, thanks a lot to Mike and crew for the delivery! We highly recommend them for any winter hauling needs you have! I think they could haul anything anywhere you wanted it delivered!

A pic's to show the 'Fuel Train'.

Claude

Nice to finally meet you and the crew Claude! What a beautiful ride! I'm coming back without something in tow and enjoy myself! You have a great Lodge with a great crew, I give it the Alexander 4 Star rating! Surely is Gods country up there!

Quote Originally Posted by NRick View Post
    Any premium in that load or is it all regular gasoline?
    Rick, I have 100 gallons of premium up there. I doubt I will be burning it all this year.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Proof that their is nothing on the market like a Skandic with a two speed transmission. No way my Bearcat could do that. But then again, I wouldn't enjoy riding the Skandic as much.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Proof that their is nothing on the market like a Skandic with a two speed transmission. No way my Bearcat could do that. But then again, I wouldn't enjoy riding the Skandic as much.

The newer SWT's are very comfortable. The one in the picture is a 2010 800 TUV with 16,200 miles on it. Original transmission too! Of course Ski doo has quit making them. Went to different models that are too light on the front end. They are always messing with a good thing! My partner Nancy has a Expedition four stroke that is about as comfortable as a leather couch to sit on! Doesn't look like the winter for many hauls as it is raining on Alexander and hauling is impossible. Good excuse to ride to Alpine Creek Lodge for fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    Rick haul in some AVGas and mix.....
    I was always told that the lead will screw up the oxygen sensor. Need that to keep it running right. I've settled on using the additive Torco to increase the octane when I need to.

The lead coats the matrix in the catalytic convertor, which can't work, which leads to the O2 sensor giving the motors brain erroneous readings.

Those SWT are crazy no!? A buddy a stone's throw up the road has the v-800 SWT, it is hilarious to listen to him ride around. The thing sounds like a Harley, but pulls like a locomotive.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by NRick View Post
    I was always told that the lead will screw up the oxygen sensor. Need that to keep it running right. I've settled on using the additive Torco to increase the octane when I need to.
    The amount of lead in 100ll is half what road fuel had in it or about 1.2 grams per gallon. Plus mixing it even thins out the lead even further to less then .6 at a 50% mixture. Road fuel in the '70's had any where from 2 to 4 grams per gallon. Even some of the AVgas had over 4 grams per gallon way back when.

To be honest with you I have a car that gives me fits because of octane, especially during the summer when super use is low or when the price of gas gets high. I mix a tank of 50/50 about once a month during the summer and have never had an issue. I did get a check engine light 2 years ago and found that the Oxygen sensor was all carboned up. I believe someone was leaving the car idle for long periods of time.... Ran a bit stronger mix of AvGas and it cleaned it all out. I do not recommend running tank after tank. So running a regular tank fuel will allow the lead to be burned out. So after 6 years of use in the car, I still have no O2 sensor or catalytic convertor problems related to lead use. The carboning issue is due to poor fuel quality at the pump. As noted above, especially during summer.

Looking a few things up on lead use in fuel it was found that the crime rate in the US dropped when the use of leaded fuel was eliminated. Really you can't make crap like that up. Thought I had misread it.........following is the quote from Wiki......."Reductions in the average blood lead level is believed to have been a major cause for falling violent crime rates in the United States[37] and South Africa.[38] Economist Jessica Wolpaw Reyes of Amherst College found that declining exposure to lead is responsible for up to a 56% decline in crime from 1992 to 2002. Including other factors that are believed to have increased crime rates over that period Reyes found that this led to an actual decline of 34% over that period.[39] " So now we can't blame lead who or what can we point at now......sorry that is for a different forum.

Well, all that may be true, but a quart can of Torco is easier to haul around than 10 gallons of avgas. It's an additive based on MMT, a magnanese based octane boost, which was looked at as a replacement for TEL when lead was banned from fuel. For various reasons the car manufacturers didn't like MMT and it never became a popular additive in the US. But from what I've read, there are no significant ill effects when using it in a snogo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast