Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memory Lake

Default Memory Lake

Hit Memory lake late this afternoon. Must have been 12 - 14 pop up shelters out there today. Only managed to catch a couple. Ice was about 16 inches thick.

Was out there earlier today as well and it started to get pretty buzzy when I left one litle pike seen a decent one and a few land locks a little over an hours time

Busy it was. But the boys still manage to land 18 pikes20150117_142422.jpg

18 Pike! Wow... I was in the wrong spot. Only managed one nice Char yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter530 View Post
    Busy it was. But the boys still manage to land 18 pikes20150117_142422.jpg
    hit the pressure change just right, it looks like!

I am going to memory lake for the first time tomorrow. My grandmother moved to anchorage from the village and has been asking me to catch her some pike so she can dry them for dry fish. I have never fished the lake before and so i was wondering what depth seems to work best in memory lake? I've never had success catching pike but im going to do my best.

[QUOTE=apmoses;1453034]I am going to memory lake for the first time tomorrow. My grandmother moved to anchorage from the village and has been asking me to catch her some pike so she can dry them for dry fish. I have never fished the lake before and so i was wondering what depth seems to work best in memory lake? I've never had success catching pike but im going to do my best.[/QUOTE

Looks for weeds. If your on top of it, your bound to catch them. If you drill and looks like a paved road underneath move on. 10-15ft of water. There's plenty to be had. Good luck!

[QUOTE=hunter530;1453060]
    Quote Originally Posted by apmoses View Post
    I am going to memory lake for the first time tomorrow. My grandmother moved to anchorage from the village and has been asking me to catch her some pike so she can dry them for dry fish. I have never fished the lake before and so i was wondering what depth seems to work best in memory lake? I've never had success catching pike but im going to do my best.[/QUOTE

Looks for weeds. If your on top of it, your bound to catch them. If you drill and looks like a paved road underneath move on. 10-15ft of water. There's plenty to be had. Good luck!
    How about trout and char in memory? What depth and bottom type do you look for?
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny

[QUOTE=dtol;1453155]
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter530 View Post

How about trout and char in memory? What depth and bottom type do you look for?
    Id say same. In the midst of all the pike there is, i had about 4-5 large Chars take my herring a few times. Judging from the size of my herring, they got to be at least in the mid 20"+ size. Although i have done good with trout and char with no vegetation, it just takes a little bit more patient in those areas.

Any one willing to share where these weed beds on memory lake are? Been out here all day and haven't seen any weeds. Did find some Lilly pads but didnt produce. Pms? Thanks

To the right of public access there used to be a good sized one.

Release Lake Trout

Go on google earth and look at the different imagery of the lake in the summer you can see weeds

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

How much ice is on the lake is it safe to drive on? And is their any where on the lake I should stay away from?

The gate is locked so you'll have to walk. I just got back and there is plenty of ice, at least 18". I don't know of any dangerous spots to stay away from.

Find the weeds and you'll find the pike, I just got done putting today's in the pickling brine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    The gate is locked so you'll have to walk. I just got back and there is plenty of ice, at least 18". I don't know of any dangerous spots to stay away from.

Find the weeds and you'll find the pike, I just got done putting today's in the pickling brine.
    Are you talking about a gate across the south access point. Can you get a 4 wheeler around it? As far as weeds are you talking about the south section of Memory or the north part of Memory.
    What-a-Day
    Denny

Quote Originally Posted by dtol View Post
    Are you talking about a gate across the south access point. Can you get a 4 wheeler around it? As far as weeds are you talking about the south section of Memory or the north part of Memory.
    Does anyone have an answer to my questions? Going to go to Memory tomorrow (Friday) and would like to know a little to increase our potential for a good day on the ice. Never been there before. The access part is the most important.
    What-a-Day
    Denny

you have to walk out to the lake, find weeds I would head to the northwest flat, 6 to 10 ft of water, weeds

Quote Originally Posted by dudemandude View Post
    you have to walk out to the lake, find weeds I would head to the northwest flat, 6 to 10 ft of water, weeds
    Thank you and forgive my continued confusion, you must be refering to the northwest flat on the south lake rather than the north lake. Am I correct? The map I have shows what looks like two lakes with a connecting channel. The entire system is referred to as Memory Lake. Sure hope the wind goes down tomorrow.
    What-a-Day
    Denny

yup wind supposed to go until sat ish

Default Memory Lake

Got one on Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast