Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP.........PRICE a Case of .45 auto FMC & Case of .10MM FMC

Default HELP.........PRICE a Case of .45 auto FMC & Case of .10MM FMC

500 rounds in each case. The 10MM is 180gr. HSM and the .45 auto is 230gr. Fiocchi.

Looking for help with a fair Anchorage area price for a whole or 1/2 CASE.

Thank you....

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    500 rounds in each case. The 10MM is 180gr. HSM and the .45 auto is 230gr. Fiocchi.

Looking for help with a fair Anchorage area price for a whole or 1/2 CASE.

Thank you....
    fair Anchorage Price? How about giving ramhunter an apology.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ow-cover/page2

Gun Broker is your friend!

Maybe you could give me a rough idea for what I owe Ramhunter an apology........Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Wet eNuf View Post
    fair Anchorage Price? How about giving ramhunter an apology.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ow-cover/page2

Well.....I may be missing something but here is how I see things. Prices on "GUN BROKER" (Where I do a fair amount of business, under member name: AGL4now) They post prices NOT very relevant to Alaska. If you bought one case of ammo from a member, you could fly or drive to the seller and shoot the ammo then fly or drive back.........So lets add say $740.00 to the "GUN BROKER" price. Or you could have it shipped by a forwarder or say $470.00 I am thinking it would be a lot cheaper in Anchorage for a case. You may see it differently.

I have about 50 firearms that I need to sell in the next six or eight months. And a lot of ammo to sell also.

I am asking for help in establishing a fair value so that I can sell them at a price that is fair to both buyer and seller. This may be a better tool for establishing fair value...........BUT still it is not Alaska values.

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Gun Broker is your friend!

Could go to town and look at what the stores are charging.

Quote Originally Posted by mike h View Post
    Agreed. If you're not competitive with the shops, you won't move any of your ammo.

Yes, I could..........However when I go to town it cost me $93.00 to $102 just for fuel. When I go I have a long list of Urgent things that must be attended to.......maybe medical, maybe dental, maybe legal, Banking, shopping of groceries and supplies, building materials, meet with my Real Estate Broker, and maybe 20 other stops. In the summer with the long daylight there is extra time for firearms stores, but NOT in winter. But yes I do go to town about every three months (give or take one or two weeks).

I want to be more than competitive....I want to be able to offer a discount for a full case of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Agreed. If you're not competitive with the shops, you won't move any of your ammo.

I want to be more than competitive....I want to be able to offer a discount for a full case of ammo.
    If only there were an on-line resource you could use to help guide your pricing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I could..........However when I go to town it cost me $93.00 to $102 just for fuel. When I go I have a long list of Urgent things that must be attended to.......maybe medical, maybe dental, maybe legal, Banking, shopping of groceries and supplies, building materials, meet with my Real Estate Broker, and maybe 20 other stops. In the summer with the long daylight there is extra time for firearms stores, but NOT in winter. But yes I do go to town about every three months (give or take one or two weeks).
    There is a device even older than the internet it's called a telephone.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

All kidding aside that new outfit 10mm below has their anchorage prices on their website.

There are issues with calling.......that one needs to spend eight years working at Great Northern Guns to fully understand.

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    There is a device even older than the internet it's called a telephone.

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    All kidding aside that new outfit 10mm below has their anchorage prices on their website.

So these prices will be some percentage above the stores because he's a scalper, not an "outfit."

So account for his mercenary profiteering and knock some off the top, that's a store price. Knock another 25% of that price and you're probably around the fair market price for buying ammo from a guy in the woods.

So what price do I have to post on this FORUM for you to be interested in buying a full case of ammo.......???

Assuming a case contains 10 boxes of 50 rounds each, for a total of 500 rounds.

If the cheapest Anchorage price is say $20.00 per box, or $200.00 for ten boxes. And I am willing to offer a discount off the cheapest Anchorage price, please state why I am a evil scalper.......???? If I offer a 80% discount am I still an evil low'life scalper......????

The guy posting above said go to the 10mm below zero site to check their prices.

That site is the scalper that drives around Alaska buying all off the ammo and then selling it out if a van.

So his price will likely be higher than the store prices, because he is a scalper.

But his prices could still be a useful reference point. If you subtract 25% from his prices, you probably the regular Alaska store retail price. (Except on .22 lr).

Once you figure the store price, just knock of another % amount for your case discount and to account for the fact that whoever buys the ammo is buying it from a guy in the woods, not a store.

Hey I didn't say you were a scalper and didn't mean to imply that you were.

The "10mm below" guy appears to be very much a scalper.

Thank You, now I understand. He or someone "DELETED" the link you were responding to. My having not seen the link, believed you were referencing me.

The guy posting above said go to the 10mm below zero site to check their prices.

That site is the scalper that drives around Alaska buying all off the ammo and then selling it out if a van.

So his price will likely be higher than the store prices, because he is a scalper.

But his prices could still be a useful reference point. If you subtract 25% from his prices, you probably the regular Alaska store retail price. (Except on .22 lr).

Once you figure the store price, just knock of another % amount for your case discount and to account for the fact that whoever buys the ammo is buying it from a guy in the woods, not a store.

Do i have to drive to hope to buy your ammo?

No, I will be in the city for dental work sometime in the next 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by sdi View Post
    Do i have to drive to hope to buy your ammo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast