Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun safe question

Default Gun safe question

Ok the time has come I was told "buy a good gun safe" so now to shop around , Fellas at Sportsmans wont open the safe to check the insides , 3 bears has a few nice big ones . I havent gone to Bass Pro or Cabelas . Anyone want to give me an idea of customer service etc ? there is a guy in the valley who has liberty and wants ALOT more than they are suppose to be .

Take a look at Boondocks in Eagle River. They've got some nice safes, and usually have some great deals at the Sportsman Show in April.

And, if it were me, I wouldn't rule out buying one direct from the manufacturer/distributor in L-48 and having it shipped. You never know, you might be able to beat local retail markup.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    And, if it were me, I wouldn't rule out buying one direct from the manufacturer/distributor in L-48 and having it shipped. You never know, you might be able to beat local retail markup.
    I found one place that had decent shipping here , was looking at a Liberty Fatboy Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Take a look at Boondocks in Eagle River. They've got some nice safes, and usually have some great deals at the Sportsman Show in April.
    Thanks Brian I'll see what they boys from eagle river have

I'll second boondocks. They sell canon safes. They will deliver and help set it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    I'll second boondocks. They sell canon safes. They will deliver and help set it up.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats where I got my Cannon yrs ago after looking around. Good folks.
    And don't forget, U can never go too big. Safes are good for all kinds of stuff.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

The guy in the valley sells at factory direct price plus freight, you can't get cheaper than that

Do some research on the differences in construction type, even in the same brand, there is a reason one Cabelas safe is $1000, and another is $3,000. You probably know that already but I figured I'd throw it out there just in case.

That said its my opinion that a $1000 browning is way better than none at all, particularly if its installed properly. Bolted to the floor and wall in a concrete corner makes even a cheap safe a little tougher to get in to. Might give your neighbors just a little more time to see something is amiss!

I got one from Action Security. The folks were very nice to deal with, had a nice assortment, and did a great job installing it and bolting it to the foundation.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Great Northern Guns. Have to ask to see them as they are not in the main store.

Costco often has gun safes.

GNG hasnt had safes in YEARS BTW

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    GNG hasnt had safes in YEARS BTW
    Well heck...it was years ago that I got one from them...

Got a Canon from Boondocks years ago, great safe and they have a good warranty. Oh yeah, which ever size you think you'll need get the next biggest one, (don't ask, HA!).

Check to see what the safes are made of. When I was looking for a safe I found one I liked and after checking it had a 1/4 inch thick door and not much more than sheet metal in the rest of it. I bought a tredlock and have been happy with it but I don't think they are still in business.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Ok the time has come I was told "buy a good gun safe" so now to shop around , Fellas at Sportsmans wont open the safe to check the insides , 3 bears has a few nice big ones . I havent gone to Bass Pro or Cabelas . Anyone want to give me an idea of customer service etc ? there is a guy in the valley who has liberty and wants ALOT more than they are suppose to be .
    I was told also.

I got mine from SW here in Wasilla, a few years back. They opened it and let me open it, check the insides, etc. I would check with the manager. It sounds outrageous that they wouldn't do that for you.

They loaded it for me, and I trucked it home.

No muss, no fuss.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I am not sure if they are still around, but we got our safe from 'Neils Lock and Safe'. At that time we got a good deal, besides I like supporting the local little guys!

Wow sportsmans wouldn't let you open them. The one up here in Fairbanks has the combos on the backs, no salesman needed. I just picked the one I wanted and they loaded it up.

My local Gun Shows always have Gun safes. Big.Little. They run the gamut. Don`t know about what yours have to offer. J s/n.

Check out the gun show at Wasilla High School next weekend. I seem to remember a dealer there with different models.

Also try Boondocks (Cannon) for customer service and value. Cabela's (Liberty) for value.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast