Thread: Lake Denali

Default Lake Denali

Lake Denali is located about 25 miles north of Talketna and about 4 miles to the west of the Parks highway. I am curious to know if anyone has any information on that lake. I have a friend with a cabin on Bell lake which is a couple miles north of Lake Denali. Nothing in Bell lake but Denali might be a fun trip if there are fish in it. Would appreciate any information.
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny

If the lake is land lock there could not be fish but if there is a stream going out an no large falls you will find fish ,
    LAND LOCK LAKES the old BRUSH pilots would stock the lakes them selves with live fish this is the way it was dun in the passed ,
    F & G people don't like it to day so it is not dun very muck today if at all , that is why we have PIKE in the big SUE & MAT VALLEY to day ,
    SID

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    If the lake is land lock there could not be fish but if there is a stream going out an no large falls you will find fish ,
    LAND LOCK LAKES the old BRUSH pilots would stock the lakes them selves with live fish this is the way it was dun in the passed ,
    F & G people don't like it to day so it is not dun very muck today if at all , that is why we have PIKE in the big SUE & MAT VALLEY to day ,
    SID
    Bell Lake, just above it has a tiny run of silvers that make their way into the lake every year. Nothing else that I know of. However I don't know anything about Denali. Guess I will have to track down one of the cabin owners on it and see what they know.
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny

If it has silvers I'd bet it has dollies and grayling too.