Thread: Here's your one and only chance guys!!!!

Default Here's your one and only chance guys!!!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=458970823

I wanted this gun so bad but had to drop out 78 bids ago! Ha! It sure is a purdy thang but guns is for shootin and not just looking at! If they'da taken that hunk of wood and made a clock out of it I might be interested. Can't ya just imagine EKC holding a barbwire fence down with that gun!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=458970823

I wanted this gun so bad but had to drop out 78 bids ago! Ha! It sure is a purdy thang but guns is for shootin and not just looking at! If they'da taken that hunk of wood and made a clock out of it I might be interested. Can't ya just imagine EKC holding a barbwire fence down with that gun!
    Can I get it in .30-06? LOL!!! Just messing. Very cool piece of (future) history right there.

Undoubtedly, one of the crappiest cheek pieces I've ever seen.At any price.

Quote Originally Posted by 7STW View Post
    Undoubtedly, one of the crappiest cheek pieces I've ever seen.At any price.
    Pretty much sums up the aesthetics....
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Is that a Vanguard action?

Didn't think you were a quitter EKC, pull up them bibs and get back in on the bidding!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

What a bunch of negative nancies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Didn't think you were a quitter EKC, pull up them bibs and get back in on the bidding!
    Man Smokester how many coyotie pelts ya reckon it'd take. Two of the three I kilt on Sunday had a touch of mange. At that rate we's gonsta havta run some other folks trap lines stead of going to the waterin hole.
    Really being serious now! Anyone who would spend 30 some odd thousand on a gun whilst we got kids starving or going untreated for illness on this planet needs a boot in the bag!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    Man Smokester how many coyotie pelts ya reckon it'd take. Two of the three I kilt on Sunday had a touch of mange. At that rate we's gonsta havta run some other folks trap lines stead of going to the waterin hole.
    Really being serious now! Anyone who would spend 30 some odd thousand on a gun whilst we got kids starving or going untreated for illness on this planet needs a boot in the bag!
    Drop in the barrel compared to what we let politicians waste on campaigns, at least the gun money is going to a good cause.

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Drop in the barrel compared to what we let politicians waste on campaigns, at least the gun money is going to a good cause.
    Your spot on! We sure don't want to mimic anything them polititions are doing. I could have a vault full of guns like that with "Their" percentage that "They "took out of "MY" paycheck the last 40 years.

Best thing about it, the "collectors" (I call them speculators) are chasing that rather than a worthwhile gun to go in a closet. Good riddance to them.

That's about the ugliest rifle I've seen in a long time. Worth less to me than even $400. Might use it for a truck gun or skiff gun, but it sure wouldn't be tying up money that could be used to buy lots more useful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Best thing about it, the "collectors" (I call them speculators) are chasing that rather than a worthwhile gun to go in a closet. Good riddance to them.

That's about the ugliest rifle I've seen in a long time. Worth less to me than even $400. Might use it for a truck gun or skiff gun, but it sure wouldn't be tying up money that could be used to buy lots more useful stuff.
    Yup BB! Useful would be number one for me. I have 5 grandson lining up one right after the other to shoot guns and hunt. I thought I could teach them something about "useful" when thinking about the switch barrel Apex. Maybe not.

Whew! Too rich for my blood! Bad thing about it is, that gun will probably never be touched, much less a round in the chamber! Thanks for showing it though. Pretty cool!
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

That rifle is here in Dallas at the Safari Club show in the Hornady booth, I'm not impressed with it. It's small potatoes here at this show BTW.

There are a bunch of guns here that have sold for over $40K, a BUNCH of them that much and some sold at way WAY more than $40K too. We sold all our M70 actions at $23-2700 each by size here and have orders for a years worth of production. I never belived we would sell so many as there is so many hours in them that we don't make a lot even at those prices. I'm told the guns built off our actions will be back next year selling in thar $30-40K range, amazing! This here is where them rich fellers are gun shopping, way out of my league . . . I can almost afford the snack bar here but not every day.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona