Thread: Snow report

Default Snow report

Anyone have any snow reports from the eureka or trappers creek/petersville area? TIA

No snow has been spared...it has all gotten a crusty of some form on it or is melting away. No one in the state is finding "powder"...

Pray for snow.

Thanks for the heads up. You said exactly what I suspected

131 was gooooood last Saturday ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422264712.059494.jpg

1340 Rudakof Cr Anchorage, AK 99508 (Off Debarr & Bragaw across from Costco)

Some of our mechanics went up by Petersville on Saturday and Sunday and found plenty of waist deep powder. Alpine creek lodge is claiming plenty of fresh snow on the Cantwell side. A customer told me Eureka only got a dusting over the weekend. Anybody else have a report?

Thanks,
    Travis
    Your Alaska Power Sports dealership carrying new & used Polaris, CFMoto, PitsterPro, Rokon, AlumaSki, Duras, Achilles, Tohatsu, Suzuki, Mercury, and Yamaha outboard motor parts. Join us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram.

(907) 337-2744
    1340 Rudakof Cr
    Anchorage, Alaska 99508
    www.alaskapowersports.com

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marit...60433194054763
    Twitter https://twitter.com/MaritaSeaSki
    Instagram http://instagram.com/alaska_power_sports

Susitna drainage via deshka landing has plenty of fresh snow and the farther up the yetna you go, the deeper it gets!
    Be careful on the river, the trail avoids the open leads. Play in the swamps and you'll find plenty of powder.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Susitna drainage via deshka landing has plenty of fresh snow and the farther up the yetna you go, the deeper it gets!
    Be careful on the river, the trail avoids the open leads. Play in the swamps and you'll find plenty of powder.
    BK
    No fresh snow past Skwentna.....the snow out there is crusty. I rode out to Shell Lake, then Finger Lake and then back to Tal Vista. Best snow is everything before Skwentna. I rode the big swamp towards 8 mile but fuel and breaking 1st trail deterred me from going to far.

I rode Saturday from DLOA to Skwentna seen anywhere from 8 inches to 18 inches of fresh from the storm last Friday. Took about 45 minutes to get from DLOA to Yentna Station, 15 minutes from Yentna Station to Northwoods, 15 minutes from Northwoods to Skwentna (so nice being one of the first 3 or 4 sleds running the fresh stuff), 25 minutes from Skwentna to Shell Lake, Shell to Finger and back to Tal I was yielding trail to mushers running the NL 300. I made it from Tal back to Yentna Station in about 45 minutes. So the river is decent. Need to stay alert to big holes from where ice has fallen away, seen one spot with overflow where it looks like a sled got towed out. Extreme caution is advised if running on the river and off the marked trail. I did see a spot where a set of tracks went away from the trail and over a pretty big open lead. That area is a common one that remains open and ID runners will cut the corner and cross the open water.

Has anyone run the Tripod Trail lately? How is it from the Yentna?
    JOHN

John the safe answer is no.......I talked with Chris and Sarah at Tal Vista on Saturday and to date NO ONE has come in past 8 mile that we have heard from nor has anyone gone from 8 mile east. Now they did receive a good dumping of that last snow in that area so it may change here this week. I rode from Skwentna river to about 2 miles east on the big swamp but turned around. I was running solo and fuel was below my comfort level.

I did see tracks heading into the slough (just above the old Luce Lodge) and up the hill on my way back Saturday but not sure how far they went up the trail.

You looking to ride into your place this weekend?? Send me a message if you are looking for a riding partner to possibly break trail into your place. I have no plans.

Charterboat Operator

cut thru the slough just above yentna station over to alexander lake on saturday, crossed the tripod trail, thinking no one had been north on it, but the trail was in and traveled to alexander lake, thinking that it was run all the way down to Trail lake. had come in on the old Iditarod off the lower su earlier, it really could use some snow, as the trail is tight and bumpy. went off alexander, trying to get to a buddies cabin at the base of Beluga Mt., way too many alders that are not layed down yet! snow in that area was pushing 3 feet and was light and very carveable
    HUGE open lead going into the stopsign trail and back way into Alexander creek, light was way to flat to try and navigate around it.
    dont really miss those ID days, when you wouldn't have slowed down, and just went across it!!