Thread: anchorage trout lake for kids ?

Default anchorage trout lake for kids ?

My uncle is in process of adopting an 8 year old boy and a 7 year old girl (fostering currently) and we are taking the boy ice fishing for his first time Saturday. What is a good lake in anchorage to get the boy on some trout (small is fine) or landlocked salmon? Any tips on bait/rigs/locations/depths would be appreciated too.

Kind of the slow time of year for fishing but Campbell lake is a easy one short walk and a small lake then you have sand lake both lakesides just walk a ways out from the parking area fish with small jigs tupped with eggs or shrimp. Sand lake has more a variety of fish but I'd head to Campbell it has some nice char lurking about.

I concur - ^^^^^Spot on info^^^^^
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

don't for get Jewel Lake, did you talk to the young lady tosee if she wanted to go, it is fun, but do ask her , the weather
    looks great for this weekend an it is close to Anchorage SID

I actually have not met the kids yet. I am not sure whether the girl will be coming, but we always invite the girls as they tend to hold the lucky rod most days.

RIGHT ON THEY BRING LUCK TO OLD FARTS LIKE YOU & ME SID

Always see people fishing Delong lake. Watched a guy pull up several the few minutes I watched him. He was on what I would call the south east side of the lake.

don't for get Jewel Lake Anchorage FEB 7 & 8 2015 every thing supplied just bring wam coat an shoes ; HOLE DRILLED, POLES SUPPLIED to use,
    BAIT , come out an have good day with your kids , every thing supplied even a bag to carry the fish home or donate to Beans cafie , [
    SID if you come, watch out for the regs , it is all free but there are limits an if you aer 16 or older make sure you have a LIC. on you
    an it is the year of 2015