Thread: Looking for a Guide/Outfitter or maybe an Exchange Hunt or Tag along

Default Looking for a Guide/Outfitter or maybe an Exchange Hunt or Tag along

Hi guys
    Looking to come over this season from New Zealand for some hunting and maybe fishing with my father before he gets to old to do 10hr hunting days

Looking for suggestions on a GOOD outfitter/guide for a real hunting experience - spike camp - remote cabins, tent etc rather than a catered lodge and drive to the game.
    We are active hunters here in NZ which is all public land and generally hard going, so no softies here.

Would look at Elk, Moose, Carbiou, fishing via a guide or via local hospitality in exchange for a hunt (ie you come here and we take you out in return) or Jetboat hunting/fishing.. or a tag along hunt.. whatever - open to suggestions.
    Will pay our way and hunt expenses no problems if there is a opportunity. Noone rides for free and I appreciate that, and sure an arrangement can be obtained.

Doesnt have to be Alaska, Canada or Nth US States.

Thanks for your time and hope to hear from some of you than can help us with an amazing trip

Cheers
    Matt

It will be costly to hunt Alaska as you will need to hire a guide. Figure $5,000 on very low side for guide. Here is a price list for license and tags
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...license.prices
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Thanks for the reply.
    I am aware of the costs involved in regards to a guide - yes it isnt cheap, however its a cost of hunting there.
    Still battling with the useless outfitter in Texas 2.5 yrs later for my mounts so wanting to avoid that situation again

Matt have you founded anything yet ? I'm planning ether a caribou hunt in Alaska or going up to Colorado elk hunting if I don't draw a elk tag here in Arizona this year. Looking for someone to go with me if you are interested ? My email is sierravista3@yahoo.com.

Quote Originally Posted by dhancoc6 View Post
    Matt have you founded anything yet ? I'm planning ether a caribou hunt in Alaska or going up to Colorado elk hunting if I don't draw a elk tag here in Arizona this year. Looking for someone to go with me if you are interested ? My email is sierravista3@yahoo.com.
    Legally, he CAN'T hunt with you - unless you're sharing a guide. Alien non-residents must use a guide to hunt in AK. Not sure on regs in other states.

@Gary - that maybe correct however I dont 'have' to shoot anything.
    We have left it too late this year to sort a guide, so I'm looking at coming over by myself still and tagging along on a hunt if possible

You might contact Chip here to see if he can show you the life for a while.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...inastrangeland

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...r-r?highlight=
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Thanks alot.
    I'll give him a msg

Cheers
    Matt

Think you will need ten post to be able to PM folks