Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Alaskan XL Sport Jet Build

Default 2015 Alaskan XL Sport Jet Build

After drooling over Wooldridge boats for years and running a 20' Alaskan center console with a 115/80 Jet on it for a while and loving every minute of it we have made the decision to upgrade.

Since I am blessed to have a wife and daughter that love to go exploring with me, it was a no brainer to upgrade to a windshield model with a top. Being a man and always wanting more room, power and performance I decided to go with the 20' Alaskan XL with the 200 Optimax Sport Jet.

When we saw the white and black Alaskan that was built for a Portland dealer, we knew that was the boat we wanted. We have added a few little niceties that we wanted. I gave Glen the go ahead last week to start our build. It should be started soon and ready for break up enjoyment.

I am posting a pic of the boat that was sent to Portland, and when our build starts I will send the pics we get from Glen and staff.

As some of you know, I am Tom Vitt, General Manager of Burkeshore Marina in Big Lake Alaska. Stop by or give me a call. I would love to talk Wooldridge boats with you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You made the right choice, I absolutely love mine! Congrats!!!

Congratulations on the new boat. Your having a banner year, new boat, new dealership, all just in time to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of Wooldridge Boats! You'll love the stability and handling of the XL, and the performance of the Sportjet. I have owned a 17' Alaskan, 20' Alaskan II and currently own a 20' Alaskan XLSJ. All have been open center console boats to provide an optimum fishing platform, but there have been days when I wish I had a windshield.

Any updates on your XL Sport Jet build?

Randy

They started on the hull this week. No pictures yet. Motor is on order and still keeping my fingers crossed that it will be done in time for the Sportsmans show in late March.

It can't come soon enough as far as i am concerned. I could sit in it till the ice goes out and still have fun!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by XLSJ View Post
    Any updates on your XL Sport Jet build?

Thanks for the update Tom. It'll be worth the wait!

Hey Tom, I run a Phanton 60/40 on these rivers with a couple other fellas that have the Alaskans and am sure u will enjoy it as much as they do. Look forward to seein u and yur new boat on the springtime knik glacier run...
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Default A Wooldridge is Born

Headed down next week to Seattle and check out our new Wooldridge. The Guys at Wooldridge are doing a great job. Can not wait to meet the master builder and his team. Looking forward to spring!

Tom

I saw it today when I was there it is looking good

Thanks! I can not wait to see it myself... You have a sweet boat under construction too I see. That is sure a impressive design...

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by JetbtnOrson View Post
    I saw it today when I was there it is looking good

Glad to see your boat taking shape Tom! It's fun to see the progress, especially when it's your boat! Keep the pictures coming

Well I spent a couple days with Glen, Grant, Danny & Tim and got to check out my boat which is coming along quite well. Todd is doing an amazing job welding up the Hull. I got to meet Bob who will rig my boat and laid out a few details. Glen is adding something new to his product offering that he is going to use on my boat. I was going to have the interior, gunnels and windshield Zolatoned. Glen has been working with a local powder coater and is now offering that as a coating option. I am excited to have that applied to my boat and can't wait to see the final product. Glen took us out for a test ride in a boat that was getting ready to ship out and with the warm temps and open water it got my juices flowing for summer to arrive and my boat to be done. Here are some pics as of this morning. Should be done with welding next week.

Tom

I dig the spark plug access panel, I'm going to have to get one of those installed in mine.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Yes that panel makes the SJ much more mechanic friendly. Wooldridge is pretty forward thinking.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    I dig the spark plug access panel, I'm going to have to get one of those installed in mine.

Default color pictures

I was at Wooldridge today looking at my boat went and checked out your boat it looks awesome!!I snuck a picture of your interior..

Thanks!
    Glen called yesterday and let me know it arrived back from the powder coater at 7:15 am yesterday.. They sure have got busy with the interior. I see glass and carpet installed already. Thanks for the update, I can't wait to see it. I am resisting temptation to hop on a plane and run down there and see it in person. Just to darn busy selling them babies to break away.

By the way I did see some colorful shots of your fishing machine. That is sure a sweet looking boat there.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by JetbtnOrson View Post
    I was at Wooldridge today looking at my boat went and checked out your boat it looks awesome!!I snuck a picture of your interior..

Thanks yours is coming along well they were finishing the vinyl on the sides when I left

What is a ball park price on one of these? I know it depends on how it's rigged up but just a ball park

About $55,000 landed in Big Lake with a half top, side curtains, cruise curtain and slant back. Double axel trailer with brakes, spare tire. Optimax SJ, Wooldridge reverse bucket, Flow Tech shifter and reverse linkage. Stomp Grate, Full Swim deck, standard front seats and 36' lockable rear boxes and seats. Plus all the standard Wooldridge features. As you know there are many options to make each boat your own.

How you liking your SeaArk?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by 375ultramag View Post
    What is a ball park price on one of these? I know it depends on how it's rigged up but just a ball park

I haven't picked it up yet. Finishing the rigging this week I think. I had some other stuff done to it out at Greatland Welding so I slowed down the process.

My last Seaarks I have loved but have always wondered about the Wooldridge though.

How you liking your SeaArk?

Tom[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast