Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paddle To, Through, and Around Alaska- The Movie

Default Paddle To, Through, and Around Alaska- The Movie

For those interested, you can see what I put together for family and friends to see. These video clips and photographs were taken during my canoe trip that I call “Paddle To, Through, and Around Alaska Adventure”. Edited all together, I suppose it could be called a documentary or maybe a video journal of some of the events that occurred (I’ll call it “the Movie”). Total length of the Movie is about 9 hours consisting of 14 parts ranging in length between 20-50 minutes each.

I've been hesitant about letting this out but a few folks on a website called BWCA.com convinced me to let them post it for a little while. Many of the people on that website followed my adventure of 2013 as did people here. The Movie will be available for viewing up until about February 12th and then it will be taken down. If you want to view it, you'll need to go to their website at http://www.bwca.com/index.cfm?fuseac...TOKEN=58820186 and start with Part 1. I don't think you have to join that group to view the Movie but you do need to join if you want to post a comment there. Please read my intro and disclaimer first, though. Thanks, BeaV

Introduction and Disclaimer

The purpose of the Adventure was not to look at pretty scenery or view wildlife, so photography was a low priority. Footage was shot using simple point & shoot cameras not capable of capturing wildlife unless they were really close and I wanted to waste time taking a picture. Footage was shot usually during nice weather or breaks in the weather. Footage was not taken during miserable weather and dangerous conditions or when I was low on battery power or just too tired to care. There were many long periods of foul weather or dangerous conditions or both where I didn’t film at all. You will just have to believe me when I say the Movie doesn’t accurately depict the difficulties encountered as a whole. You may find that parts of the Movie are slow even to the point of putting you to sleep- that is fine! This is not some hyped-up, conflict-driven reality show that can make sitting on an island, picking worms or making moonshine seem exciting. I leave it upto the viewer to understand.
    The Movie is not a commercial venture- it is strictly meant to share my story with people interested in seeing more of what I saw and experiencing places I traveled through. This is only for your viewing pleasure- not for any other use. Do not make copies, post it on the internet, YouTube, or worst of all, try to profit from it. Copyright law type stuff- this is my story with other people’s music in the background. Please respect this.

Thanks. will certainly enjoy this.

It requires a password in order to view it.

You are welcome to post the links directly here if you like. We don't copy our member's content, so no worries there. The links will just go dead once the videos are taken offline. Out of curiosity, why would you take them down anyway? I think folks would be interested in this...

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    It requires a password in order to view it.

You are welcome to post the links directly here if you like. We don't copy our member's content, so no worries there. The links will just go dead once the videos are taken offline. Out of curiosity, why would you take them down anyway? I think folks would be interested in this...

-Mike
    The password is contained on the other site. So to view Part 1, click on "BeaV's Alaskan video - Part 1 of 14 - The Adventure Begins!", then look at the first posting there made by OneMatch. The password is contained there and it is B3@V5tr1p. Copy this and click on OneMatch's link. This will take you to his Vimeo site and then paste the password there. Then you can play the first video. Repeat this procedure for the rest of the episodes.

As far as why I want this taken down, this trip was not done for any sort of promotion of a cause, product, or self; I did it because I just wanted to. The video footage and photos were taken for memories sake and to share with family- never intended it for others to view. I still have a hard time with letting out my story. The emotions, both good and bad, are still raw to me and I'm embarrassed for others to see them. I guess I just don't want the notoriety - "Bob's Trip Bob's Way" still applies.

Bob gives the pass word for each vid on post for vid. Each vid password is different and will look something like this for #3 C0m3@l0ng
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Very cool Bob, thanks for posting. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the trip that so many of followed with such excitement.

Scott

Excellent. Thank you, Bob.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Bob, you are one unique individual. Thanks for sharing your trip and this video with us. I could say a lot more, but I'll just say that I respect your outlook and attitude immensely.

OH my..
    I enjoyed living vicariously thru you BOB..
    just seens like you building your campfire..
    and your times of rest..
    your eyes seeing so much..
    just so much..
    thank you for sharing the videos

Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

BeaV...I hope I can figure out how to get enough access to internet to watch these in that short a time...one of the frustrations of bush Alaska...very glad to see you did this though...
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

Just finished the whole set of vids,outstanding.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I also watched all of them. Thank you very much for sharing those parts with us. A lot of work went into the editing and posting--thanks for that too.

Solo is certainly fun. Something I notice after some days paddling or cycling alone is my desire for music--to hear those songs going through my head played in tune and LOUD on a nice stereo.

Wish you wouldn't take them down; there are more people who would like to see them. Like you said, it is hard to find accurate information about some of those areas and your experience might be helpful to others.

Regardless, thank you again for sharing such a personal journey.

Better yet....get off your azzes and make your own adventures....

Oh I do. I still enjoy and appreciate others.
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Hamon View Post
    Oh I do. I still enjoy and appreciate others.

Yep,if you said you were going to tie your shoe he would say it can't be done.

HELP WHAT GOES ? watched 2 showes on SAT went back to see more on SUN ,could not open any of the showes
    or the ones I looked at on SAT, is it me my PCC or there web site ?????????????? SID
    the pass words have been changed on all the showes BEAV or the web sitr is in charge time will tell what gives

Just tried it for you and they are still there.Each vid has own password remember. Vid 3 is C0m3@l0ng. Hope you get it working

I gave up went back in an still got no where still says Pass word is not working hope it works out SID
    PS will keep working on it from time to time not a dun deal

it must be some tiing I am doing went to # 4 an it worked just fine SID

Just finished the last episode and all I can say is WOW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast