Thread: Thermol Long Johns, Cabela's ECWS

Talking Thermol Long Johns, Cabela's ECWS

I recently was browsing Cabela's and looking at the thermal base layers. I looked at the Cabela's ECWS stuff and was interested in how it appeared, but was put off by the $$$. Since I had some sub zero hiking to do, I bought a pair of tops and bottoms (polar weight). I have used them on a number of trips, both walking (bushwhacking 3-4 hours at a time) and mtn bike riding up and down hills. I tend to sweat a lot and my truck gets very wet.

First observation, my legs never felt cool, let alone cold, and the fit was perfect. I love the fact that these are a quilted design which I think really helps with the warm factor. These will be my go to bottoms when it is below freezing.

The tops: I am not a big fan of tight fitting, so I might get a size larger next time. That said, having thick cloth over my belly, thin under arms and down sides, seems to make these very efficient. I am really impressed. I will buy more.

Conclusion: other than cost, I really like these. I think they have a winning technology that will go a long ways...now if only the price would come down some ;-) Anyone else have any experience with these?
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

US Army issue

I found a top in my size in the bargain cave here in town for 45$ so I bought them. I like em.