Thread: Lake Lucille

Default Lake Lucille

Never hear much about Lake Lucille. My son lives right nearby and have two little grandsons I want to introduce to ice fishing. Its really convenient and plan on going out there to test it out. I see people fishing there regularly but don't know what success they are having. I know I can go to Finger Lake and catch a zillion little ones for these guys. Any information about Lucille would be greatly appreciated.
    What-a-Day
    27' x 9.5' Glacier Craft - Volvo 300hp D4 Diesel
    Remember: Any fool can be uncomfortable.
    Denny

Quote Originally Posted by dtol View Post
    Never hear much about Lake Lucille. My son lives right nearby and have two little grandsons I want to introduce to ice fishing. Its really convenient and plan on going out there to test it out. I see people fishing there regularly but don't know what success they are having. I know I can go to Finger Lake and catch a zillion little ones for these guys. Any information about Lucille would be greatly appreciated.
    It's worth your time for rainbows.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

check F&G stocking progran for a place to start lots of Land locks an some Rainbows SID

From time to time it has some really nice rainbows. It all depends on how much stocking has been done lately and what the last 3 or 4 winters were like. Because it is so shallow it has a tendency to experience winterkill every now and then.

Thanks for the comeback. Will try it out today. Seems like the most people are fishing around the island and over the deep hole. Will post on how we did and if we had any luck.
    What-a-Day
    Denny

Like Bushwhack said it does have the potential to produce some big fish provided it doesn't winterkill. The fish in that lake have a tendency to taste like mud.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    It's worth your time for rainbows.
    You were right, had a great time with some 15 to 18 inch rainbows. Caught 8 and lost about 10. Tomcod is also right about how they taste.
    What-a-Day
    Denny

I have caught a few out of there kept a couple to eat ,i will release all that i catch now.They are not good to eat.

You were right, had a great time with some 15 to 18 inch rainbows. Caught 8 and lost about 10. Tomcod is also right about how they taste.
    Did you drive out there or walk?

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMike View Post
    Did you drive out there or walk?
    Snow machine with my Otter Shelter. However the ice is a foot and a half thick. There were vehicles all over out there today. Didn't do nearly as good today as yesterday when it was quiet. As per usual, the best fishing is during mid-week when it is quiet.
    What-a-Day
    Denny

not sure about the taste , but as you go from lake to lake, you will find out the lakes that produce good tasteing fish . finger lake is a good lake for taste , well it was the last time I went there , it must be the feed the fish get in the different lakes ,
    could be wrong SID