Thread: made it to Bellingham WA.

Default made it to Bellingham WA.

Well the wife and I made it to Bellingham WA and are loading up on the Ferry Jan 9th. Is there anyone here with any tent camping location suggestions for Juneau? We plenty of cash for a hotel but camping is SO MUCH better given the right location. As always thanks for any advise.

There are campgrounds. Google is your friend. Out by the glacier, near Auke Bay and others.

If camping in the rain is good, then you will love a foot of wet snow on the tent. Does your wife know this plan? LOL!
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

This time of year.....and with a recent dump of snow, there is no decent camping to be hand. The Aspen suites is a pretty decent hotel for the valley, if you want to experience more of downtown then pick the baranof or prospector hotels.

Welcome.

HAHA it was my wife's idea! I married the right woman for this trip trust me. I saw the Aspen on google and it's a possibility. Really though we did some camping in Montana with -10 wind chills and about 6" of snow. As for getting more downtown I would rather take a bullet lol, I hate being in town. Thanks though for the advise.

When do you hit town......and for how long? Actually, with the forecast, you could camp pretty well for the next few days, but I do not believe any of the campgrounds are open, and bushwacking it in Juneau isn't exactly the norm. If you are itching to sleep outside, you can sleep in my backyard