Thread: Toyo oil Boiler

Default Toyo oil Boiler

Is there anyone on the forum that is using a toyo boiler for hydronic heating? If so what style system are you running and how much fuel do you go through a year? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have several of them and I think they are great units. I'm using them as in-floor radiant in a concrete slab as well as tube stapled to the underside of the subfloor. I'm convinced they use substantially less fuel than the boilers I used prior but don't have any way to back that up, other than fuel prices have gone up a bunch over the years and my heating bill hasn't. I heat my office building which is around 4500 SF with 20+ foot ceilings with two of the boilers and even with last years high fuel prices ( approaching $4.00) I don't think my fuel bill was over $800 for the coldest month (includes heating all the domestic hot water as well).
    There are quite a few of these boilers in my area and as far as I know folks seem to be happy with them.

Does toyo make a unit that you can heat domestic water and do the in-floor heat with? May have to use a heat exchanger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They make one for domestic and one for hydronic, I've been told the only real difference is the size of the pipe connections 1 inch VS 1.25 inch. Most folks around here use a flat plate heat exchanger to make DHW but I use and insulated tank with ss tube coil inside for mine.