Thread: Summit lake fishing questions

Default Summit lake fishing questions

Does anyone have any tips for fishing summit lake I pulled over a few days ago at the pull off at the middle of the lake and went out about 30 feet and fished in about 10 feet of water I got one 14 inch rainbow in about 10 minutes and that is all I have fished the lake. I was wanting to go down the next two day and I was wondering should I fish around the inlet and outlet? About 8 inches of ice so I will be being 30th a cautious. Any tips would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by homer907 View Post
    Does anyone have any tips for fishing summit lake I pulled over a few days ago at the pull off at the middle of the lake and went out about 30 feet and fished in about 10 feet of water I got one 14 inch rainbow in about 10 minutes and that is all I have fished the lake. I was wanting to go down the next two day and I was wondering should I fish around the inlet and outlet? About 8 inches of ice so I will be being 30th a cautious. Any tips would be great.
    Fish the point across from thr highway. Good fishing. The outlet in the far end can be good for dollies. Use shrimp

Release Lake Trout

Are you talking about the point on the north end of the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by homer907 View Post
    Are you talking about the point on the north end of the lake?
    East side in the middle. It drops to 70+ ft. Jus past the rv campground

Release Lake Trout

I've done best on the South end.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

OK thanks guys I'm gonna give it a try

Ive had the best of days and the worst of days on that lake. The south end has never produced a single fish for me. I see boats and shantys on the south end all the time so Im sure its good at times..The best I've done is right off the road at the pull off on the west side edge of the lake. So many fish swam by it was like a super highway of trout. Not sure if winter is different but lets just say lower summit lake in the summer is...well.."worth a try"

Quote Originally Posted by mbrenna View Post
    Ive had the best of days and the worst of days on that lake. The south end has never produced a single fish for me. I see boats and shantys on the south end all the time so Im sure its good at times..The best I've done is right off the road at the pull off on the west side edge of the lake. So many fish swam by it was like a super highway of trout. Not sure if winter is different but lets just say lower summit lake in the summer is...well.."worth a try"
    Lower Summit produces in the winter as well.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

i love this lake, south end over the weed beds always produced for me using jigs and shrimp. i havnt been up there this winter yet. anyone interested in partnering up and going with me?

Off of the middle pullout I caught 11 small dollies and I lost 1 mid 20 inch range rainbow at 5 am. Got it all the way out of the hole turned around to grab my camera and it flopped back into the hole, it turns out fish can move easily on a lake if their is 2 inches of standing water on top of it.