Thread: Sleeping on boat charters

Default Sleeping on boat charters

Does anyone know of a reputable charter that allows for sleeping on the boat over night? I.E. putting an anchor down in a cove then go out fishing. I understand that the state put regulations on this type of charter. I would like to fish for halibut, ling or rock cod and preferably in South Eastern AK. Thanks for any help!!

there is / was boats that did over night fishing trips, don't know if they still do it, the new regs could change every thing, ask any of the charters
    they all help out each other , they all know what the other charter is doing SId

Classic Alaska Charters in Ketchikan, Capt. Rob Scheer 907-225-0608. More of a week type of trip but he has an A+ operation.

I believe Andy with Crackerjack does out of Seward and Mike on the Artic Addiction does out of Homer

You would have to book with Mike Manns for 2016, 2015 is mostly full. If you want to do an overnight trip you have to book the whole boat for you and your group of 6 or less.

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    You would have to book with Mike Manns for 2016, 2015 is mostly full. If you want to do an overnight trip you have to book the whole boat for you and your group of 6 or less.
    Mike sleeps 6 dudes on there??? Seems like that would get kinda farty Were 3 max on over night, much more enjoyable...

I believe it's actually 4, total of 6 with capt & mate
    Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    Mike sleeps 6 dudes on there??? Seems like that would get kinda farty Were 3 max on over night, much more enjoyable...
    No beans allowed!

The max for an overnighter on the Arctic Addiction is 4.