Thread: 2015 hunt advice

Default 2015 hunt advice

Hey everybody. I have a moose hunt scheduled for Sept 2015 and in search of a little advice. I need to get from Fairbanks to Grayling lake as that is where my bush flight is leaving from. What are your recommendations as far as getting to the lake and back. I have searched for shuttles but none of them allow you to carry meat and the weight limit for luggage is limited. I have seen the specialized "Dalton Road" rentals but at $160-220/day that doesn't seem logical to pay that kind of money to have the car sit for 10 days.

Any options or opinions that you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Where is Grayling lake? You have a moose hunt scheduled off the Dalton?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

mile post 150 Dalton...

Quote Originally Posted by watkinsba View Post
    Hey everybody. I have a moose hunt scheduled for Sept 2015 and in search of a little advice. I need to get from Fairbanks to Grayling lake as that is where my bush flight is leaving from. What are your recommendations as far as getting to the lake and back. I have searched for shuttles but none of them allow you to carry meat and the weight limit for luggage is limited. I have seen the specialized "Dalton Road" rentals but at $160-220/day that doesn't seem logical to pay that kind of money to have the car sit for 10 days.

Any options or opinions that you guys have would be greatly appreciated.
    Who are you flying out with? I would tell them your predicament. My guess is that they could probably make arrangements for you to be shuttled from Fairbanks to Grayling lake. They may charge a small fee, but it doesn't appear that you have many options.