Thread: tikka t3 blueing..

Default tikka t3 blueing..

I picked up a cabelas boar hunter Tikka t3. according to the website it is blued. But looking at it, its black and seems like a thick durable finish.. I guess I was so impressed by it I assumed it was some sort of special coating.. Anyone have Alaska experience with how well this finish holds up? Probably a moot point as I am pretty liberal when it comes to the gun oil out hunting and I kept my blued 700 in pretty good shape throughout many inclimate hunts

Default i have one..

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    I picked up a cabelas boar hunter Tikka t3. according to the website it is blued. But looking at it, its black and seems like a thick durable finish.. I guess I was so impressed by it I assumed it was some sort of special coating.. Anyone have Alaska experience with how well this finish holds up? Probably a moot point as I am pretty liberal when it comes to the gun oil out hunting and I kept my blued 700 in pretty good shape throughout many inclimate hunts
    I left mine outside when it was raining all night to see what happened. wiped er down , looks good.
    when I took it moose hunting, it got a layer of crud from banging off branches and whatever, but it cleaned right up.
    compared to a earlier era blued rifle, it's much more durable.

I have a Tikka T3 in .06 that is blued. The finish is definitely blued and not black light you're saying and it held up great for a while. I developed a bit of surface rust after it got left in it's case for too long and wasn't allowed to breath; but that was my own fault. After that it has lived its life down here in salty southeast ak, and eventually I became unhappy with the finish. I sent mine out and got it Teflon coated. Couldn't be happier. This rifle has been through a lot now, and the coating is holding up well. That being said, rifles down here that are exposed to coastal salty conditions on a regular basis take a much more corrosive beating than rifles from SC and Interior AK.