Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short Supply Items in AK.. I will be driving from the east coast who needs what.

Default Short Supply Items in AK.. I will be driving from the east coast who needs what.

Shortly my family and I will start our final journey back to Alaska from the lower 48 (NC). We will be taking the northern US trip this time as last time we drove down we took the southern. So with that being said what rounds are in short supply right now in Alaska as I may be able to score some along the way and help some locals out. Currently 5.56 is very available here in town and .22LR is still hit or miss but I can usually get my hands on half bricks if needed.

Mainly what I am looking to find out is are 7mm-08 / 30-06 and 17HMR readily available still in AK or should I stock pile some up. Also if someone has something in the lower 48 that needs to be picked up I may be able to work it into my trailer (size depending) and if its along my route.

Just figured I would post up and help some of you guys out.

Prices would be what I paid for the items (I am not a markup kind of guy).

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    Shortly my family and I will start our final journey back to Alaska from the lower 48 (NC). We will be taking the northern US trip this time as last time we drove down we took the southern. So with that being said what rounds are in short supply right now in Alaska as I may be able to score some along the way and help some locals out. Currently 5.56 is very available here in town and .22LR is still hit or miss but I can usually get my hands on half bricks if needed.

Mainly what I am looking to find out is are 7mm-08 / 30-06 and 17HMR readily available still in AK or should I stock pile some up. Also if someone has something in the lower 48 that needs to be picked up I may be able to work it into my trailer (size depending) and if its along my route.

Just figured I would post up and help some of you guys out.

Prices would be what I paid for the items (I am not a markup kind of guy).
    Obviously the prices are better down south, but I noticed everything was pretty much available when I was in town over Christmas break, even 22lr. Not bricks, but boxes.

surely will miss the cheap gas and cheap prices down here but living in Alaska will make up for that 10 fold. We have a few weeks before we start our trip back up north but we are always willing to help out someone in need.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Will you be coming through Fairbanks? Am looking for CCI Quiet 22, or CCI CB Long.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

we will be coming through the northern route (Tok) but I am sure we can link up along the way. Or I do plan on coming to FBX to pay RJ the remainder for the brown bear mount he is doing for me so im sure we can arrange something. ill check around locally for ya.

Do you have the ammo limits for going through Canada?
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Will you be coming through Fairbanks? Am looking for CCI Quiet 22, or CCI CB Long.
    You and me both. CB Longs are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    You and me both. CB Longs are fantastic.
    Easy now. I asked first.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

Will you be going through Seattle or nearby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Highestview yes I will be running through Seattle as I have family there in the Tacoma Area. As for ammo limits I believe there are the current law states 200 rounds for hunting purposes and 1500 rounds for "competition/sport shooting". I have 2 vehicles that will be driving through so that puts us at 3400 rounds (less the ones I currently have that will make the trip).

What do you suppose it'll cost to transport a blonde with a tan and a southern accent through Canada?
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

It's not the cost of getting her through Canada, it's what it will cost once she gets to you!

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyD View Post
    What do you suppose it'll cost to transport a blonde with a tan and a southern accent through Canada?
    depends... how much is in your bank account so I can figure in interest rates, import tax, a good set of noise cancelling earphones etc.

also I might remind you that "specialty breed" tends to be higher maintenance, are you willing to take one that is not of pure blood lines (sister-cousin), also do you want her crate trained, fully house broken, or what.. I need some details brother!

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    http://www.armslist.com/posts/388179...ndard-velocity

also midway has them in stock
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/927...10-boxes-of-50

or if you want a lot more I can pick up locally
    https://www.facebook.com/foothillsfirearms

also I might remind you that "specialty breed" tends to be higher maintenance, are you willing to take one that is not of pure blood lines (sister-cousin), also do you want her crate trained, fully house broken, or what.. I need some details brother!
    That's the first time I've heard of a Southerner being a "specialty breed," but for the cost of shipping and maintenance, a purebred is all I'll take. I certainly don't need to have a mutt shipped that far - there are more than enough suspect pedigrees and secondary genetic traits available locally.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyD View Post
    That's the first time I've heard of a Southerner being a "specialty breed," but for the cost of shipping and maintenance, a purebred is all I'll take. I certainly don't need to have a mutt shipped that far - there are more than enough suspect pedigrees and secondary genetic traits available locally.
    http://savannah.craigslist.org/search/w4m

start searching (purchase at your own expense)..

Disclaimer: Product may not be "new", Product may differ than ad or "box".. buy at own risk

hope this helped

HAHA

Highestview yes I will be running through Seattle as I have family there in the Tacoma Area. As for ammo limits I believe there are the current law states 200 rounds for hunting purposes and 1500 rounds for "competition/sport shooting". I have 2 vehicles that will be driving through so that puts us at 3400 rounds (less the ones I currently have that will make the trip).
    At some of the local liquor stores there is Peabody Jones Vodka by Woodinville Distillery. If you snagged me two bottles, I would get you back for them, plus gratuity.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

are empty bottles ok... its a long drive with 4 kids 4 dogs and a mexican wife..... but yah I should be able to snag some up for you no problem. I am already making a call to family to pick some up so I do not forget

also midway has them in stock
    ...If it were just that easy we wouldn't be having this conversation. They are restricted to ship UPS Ground, which doesn't happen between there and here.

SOooooo, if you really want to bring some with you, I'll gladly pay the fair price for them when you get here. Alternatively, I have N560 available to trade if that's of interest to you.
    #Resist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast