Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Longley/Muttley Crew/Coho Dave

Default Dave Longley/Muttley Crew/Coho Dave

I got word today that Dave has passed on. Though he had a forum style that sometimes bordered on a weird keyboard-inspired Tourette's syndrome, I knew him in person and he was a good guy. I always pitched his dog, Penny, a biscuit when we passed in the harbor, and I am saddened at his passing. We all have our demons, but not all of us can overcome them. There but for the grace of God go we....
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

I was wondering what happened to him, could find his website or anything. He certainly made for entertaining reading no doubt.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

I am saddened to hear this news. He added a lot of color to the site, and though we didn't always see eye-to-eye, he spoke his mind and I respect that. I didn't know him personally, and feel I am somewhat poorer for it. It would have been nice to go fishing with the guy sometime. I feel that way about most all the folks here. Life is short, and I value every person I have met through this site, in one way or another. Dave will be missed by many.

Does anyone have a photo of him that they could post here? It would be nice to put a face to the name.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    I am saddened to hear this news. He added a lot of color to the site, and though we didn't always see eye-to-eye, he spoke his mind and I respect that. I didn't know him personally, and feel I am somewhat poorer for it. It would have been nice to go fishing with the guy sometime. I feel that way about most all the folks here. Life is short, and I value every person I have met through this site, in one way or another. Dave will be missed by many.

Does anyone have a photo of him that they could post here? It would be nice to put a face to the name.

-Mike
    Here you go Michael...in his element and happy...

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Sorry to hear!

Here's a totally goofy video we did three years ago on my birthday with everyone's favorite Alaskan Author and "Famous" Tony Davis.

http://youtu.be/OfPGiYqUypc?list=UUV...cFVizGU26Q5jYg

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffhanger View Post
    Here's a totally goofy video we did three years ago on my birthday with everyone's favorite Alaskan Author and "Famous" Tony Davis.

http://youtu.be/OfPGiYqUypc?list=UUV...cFVizGU26Q5jYg

That was heartwarming, Jim! Three years, really has it been that short? Bernard is living in China now, I think? I had dinner with him at his place in Kodiak a couple of years ago... and Dave looks so happy and healthy... looks like you guys had a great time.

Good stuff indeed.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Rip muttley crew
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Rip muttley, you were the first who got me interested in the homer kings. Matt (Mgh55), just tuned me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP.

I couldn't abide his online "persona," but that always saddened me because I guessed I was missing a lot in not knowing the man himself.

Happy trails Dave. Saddened to hear of his passing.

Sorry to hear that. Just goes to show you, you best go fishing as much as you can, because you never know when your time is coming.

Sad to hear. Dave spoke with a lot over PM and helped me out when I was new up here. Never had the pleasure of meeting him but he always seemed willing to help.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Wow sorry to hear this, I'd been hoping to go fish with him some day, definitely a different guy one on one than he was in the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I have to say I was glad when Dave left the forums here.
    We didn't exactly get along on the forums.
    But I hate to see anybody pass on at his age.
    Hopefully he is resting in peace.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Default Dave's Last Kings

IMG_1558a.jpg
    Nurse Jane and I went out today for the last time this winter in the memory of our friend Coho Dave. Tomorrow I pull Skookum until March. After five hours and only one take-down, which we missed, we were ready to go back. No one else was out there by the Bluff anymore and the last rays of the setting sun were not providing any warmth. But we stuck with it.

IMG_1562a.jpg

At 3:30 Jane got a hit on her rod and pulled in a nice 8-pounder. Ten minutes later my rod went off and I got this 12-pounder to the boat. I know Dave was looking down and smiling. I'm glad he is at peace.

RIP Dave. I got a LOT of good info from him.

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
    Guidesak.blogspot.com
    My personal pages...I'm not a guide.

Charterboat Operator

indeed, RIP, he was a smart and happy man , when he wasn't getting bashed here , and sometimes rightfully so!
    i can say, i am glad i got to know him, meet him, and converse regularly with fishing intel, he would call almost every friday in May to see what was happening up in the whiskey area, as he loved to go up there and troll.
    my hat is off, my heart is sad.
    PB

I learned some real awesome yet basic stuff from Dave, way back in the Coho days. Dave I owe many troll caught salmon to your tips and tutorials. I still credit Coho Dave, when I pass some of these techniques on to friends.
    qf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast