Thread: AOJ

Default AOJ

Does anybody have any information on the Alaska Outdoor Journal shutting down. Went to the site yesterday and there was a farewell video. It did not contain much information.

Thanks.

Doug

There's some information on AOJ's closing on this thread in the Global Discussion Forum:

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...3-AOJ-Farewell

He's been saying he wanted to get out for a while. Just too time consuming for him.
    Gary is a good guy. I've really enjoyed time with him on the ice, but there was a real anti-commercial fishing side to that site that has turned me off for a while. We all have opinions, and certainly he was more than within his privilege to voice them on his own site, but commercial fishing is not the bogey man he made it out to be. I will miss that site though, for the quick, scroll-down fishing reports format.

Thanks.

I hope someone else will be allowed to pick it up.

If nothing else the archives would be a treasure.

Doug

Default hate to see AOJ go

They were one of several fishing sites that I visited. Hope the Alaska Outdoor Supersite can pick up and display the run info that AOJ commonly displayed. That would make a great website even better.

ClearCreek

It looks like he moved his stuff over to facebook. Probably a lot less demanding on time since he will no long have to field and email then post it to the site with a response etc. At the bottom of what used to be the AOJ page is a facebook link. Hopefully the info keeps coming in over there. Sure was a great resource and way to communicate about fishing reports. Its fantastic he dedicates so much time and effort to it.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.