Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Thank GOD! moving back to Alaska

  1. #1
    Member ProHunterAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Counting Frogs and Skeeters
    Posts
    851

    Default Thank GOD! moving back to Alaska

    Well in about 30-60 Days we should be starting our trip from NC back home to Alaska. Wife and kids are all VERY excited to get back up north. I guess now its time to start enjoying retired life since the military has me at 100% disability. We are looking at a few homes right now and trying to put our final pick of the 3 with-in the next week or so. Choices for us are Anchor Point, Talkeetna/Trapper Creek we are just trying to figure out which will work best for us in the long run. I cannot wait to get back out hunting though as hunting here in North Carolina is just not the same. Did manage to knock down a few deer this year and missed a opportunity to pull the trigger on a NC black bear (was out of range with the shot gun). Cant wait to link back up with my old friends on here and finally get into some good grocery shopping in the great land of Alaska. We have decided the next big purchase will be either a Argo or a boat (depending on where we buy at).

    How has the winter been this year? Are the reports looking promising for spring bear hunting this year or did you guys get hammered with snow.

    Hope everyone had a exceptional hunting season and I look forward to following and sharing stories here in the near future.

    -Ryan

    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

  2. #2
    Member Frostbitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!
    Posts
    3,279

    Default

    Welcome home!!! Weather has been warm and snowless so far this winter. At the rate we're going, we'll be chasing bears in March!!

  3. #3
    Member ProHunterAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Counting Frogs and Skeeters
    Posts
    851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Welcome home!!! Weather has been warm and snowless so far this winter. At the rate we're going, we'll be chasing bears in March!!
    great news... I look forward to tagging my limit on blackies then chasing a brown with my bow when we get back

    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

  4. #4
    Member Mammoth Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Congrats on retirement! I retired from the Army here so they couldn't make me leave. Super mild winter and gas has dropped over $1.

  5. #5
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,393

    Default

    Welcome home, sir. May this next hunting season be a wonderful one for you!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Soldonta, Alaska
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Sorry to hear your 100% disabled. Hope 2015 is good to you and your family.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Mat-Su
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    It is 'always' good to come home! Have a safe trip back up here. Good luck finding a place to live that suits your wants/needs.

  8. #8
    Member ProHunterAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Counting Frogs and Skeeters
    Posts
    851

    Default

    yah gas is down to 2.29 here in NC really about the only thing I will miss is the gas prices and diesel is around 2.90 a gal here.

    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

  9. #9

    Default

    Welcome back to the great land! Enjoy the days of retirement, I'm sure they are well deserved. You get my vote for living in the Trappers Cree area,, but I'm jaded as my cabin or home away from home is there and I really enjoy the area. Have a safe adventure back north.

  10. #10
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Come and enjoy life you have earned it.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Ak
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    Well in about 30-60 Days we should be starting our trip from NC back home to Alaska. Wife and kids are all VERY excited to get back up north. I guess now its time to start enjoying retired life since the military has me at 100% disability. We are looking at a few homes right now and trying to put our final pick of the 3 with-in the next week or so. Choices for us are Anchor Point, Talkeetna/Trapper Creek we are just trying to figure out which will work best for us in the long run. I cannot wait to get back out hunting though as hunting here in North Carolina is just not the same. Did manage to knock down a few deer this year and missed a opportunity to pull the trigger on a NC black bear (was out of range with the shot gun). Cant wait to link back up with my old friends on here and finally get into some good grocery shopping in the great land of Alaska. We have decided the next big purchase will be either a Argo or a boat (depending on where we buy at).

    How has the winter been this year? Are the reports looking promising for spring bear hunting this year or did you guys get hammered with snow.

    Hope everyone had a exceptional hunting season and I look forward to following and sharing stories here in the near future.

    -Ryan
    wow 100% disability you must be really messed up.........

  12. #12
    Member akiceman25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Two Rivers, AK
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    wow 100% disability you must be really messed up.........
    Lord knows this post is..........

    Thank you for your service Ryan!
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Ak
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akiceman25 View Post
    Lord knows this post is..........

    Thank you for your service Ryan!

    And post 3600 right here hell yeah... I tried to join the Army but I couldn't so I work at the Salvation Army store on ft Carson. Like everyone else said thanks for you service Ryan the Army lost a good one...

  14. #14
    Member ProHunterAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Counting Frogs and Skeeters
    Posts
    851

    Default

    John when are you coming back to AK.. we need to go bury another wheeler out on zero lake

    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Ak
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    John when are you coming back to AK.. we need to go bury another wheeler out on zero lake
    Oh it will be awhile for me... My family is already back up there...

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Girdwood
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Oh. Sounds like fun. Can I go too?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •