Thread: Thank GOD! moving back to Alaska

Default Thank GOD! moving back to Alaska

Well in about 30-60 Days we should be starting our trip from NC back home to Alaska. Wife and kids are all VERY excited to get back up north. I guess now its time to start enjoying retired life since the military has me at 100% disability. We are looking at a few homes right now and trying to put our final pick of the 3 with-in the next week or so. Choices for us are Anchor Point, Talkeetna/Trapper Creek we are just trying to figure out which will work best for us in the long run. I cannot wait to get back out hunting though as hunting here in North Carolina is just not the same. Did manage to knock down a few deer this year and missed a opportunity to pull the trigger on a NC black bear (was out of range with the shot gun). Cant wait to link back up with my old friends on here and finally get into some good grocery shopping in the great land of Alaska. We have decided the next big purchase will be either a Argo or a boat (depending on where we buy at).

How has the winter been this year? Are the reports looking promising for spring bear hunting this year or did you guys get hammered with snow.

Hope everyone had a exceptional hunting season and I look forward to following and sharing stories here in the near future.

-Ryan

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Welcome home!!! Weather has been warm and snowless so far this winter. At the rate we're going, we'll be chasing bears in March!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Welcome home!!! Weather has been warm and snowless so far this winter. At the rate we're going, we'll be chasing bears in March!!
    great news... I look forward to tagging my limit on blackies then chasing a brown with my bow when we get back

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Congrats on retirement! I retired from the Army here so they couldn't make me leave. Super mild winter and gas has dropped over $1.

Welcome home, sir. May this next hunting season be a wonderful one for you!

Sorry to hear your 100% disabled. Hope 2015 is good to you and your family.

It is 'always' good to come home! Have a safe trip back up here. Good luck finding a place to live that suits your wants/needs.

yah gas is down to 2.29 here in NC really about the only thing I will miss is the gas prices and diesel is around 2.90 a gal here.

Welcome back to the great land! Enjoy the days of retirement, I'm sure they are well deserved. You get my vote for living in the Trappers Cree area,, but I'm jaded as my cabin or home away from home is there and I really enjoy the area. Have a safe adventure back north.

Come and enjoy life you have earned it.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    Well in about 30-60 Days we should be starting our trip from NC back home to Alaska. Wife and kids are all VERY excited to get back up north. I guess now its time to start enjoying retired life since the military has me at 100% disability. We are looking at a few homes right now and trying to put our final pick of the 3 with-in the next week or so. Choices for us are Anchor Point, Talkeetna/Trapper Creek we are just trying to figure out which will work best for us in the long run. I cannot wait to get back out hunting though as hunting here in North Carolina is just not the same. Did manage to knock down a few deer this year and missed a opportunity to pull the trigger on a NC black bear (was out of range with the shot gun). Cant wait to link back up with my old friends on here and finally get into some good grocery shopping in the great land of Alaska. We have decided the next big purchase will be either a Argo or a boat (depending on where we buy at).

How has the winter been this year? Are the reports looking promising for spring bear hunting this year or did you guys get hammered with snow.

Hope everyone had a exceptional hunting season and I look forward to following and sharing stories here in the near future.

-Ryan
    wow 100% disability you must be really messed up.........

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    wow 100% disability you must be really messed up.........
    Lord knows this post is..........

Thank you for your service Ryan!
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Quote Originally Posted by akiceman25 View Post
    Lord knows this post is..........

Thank you for your service Ryan!

And post 3600 right here hell yeah... I tried to join the Army but I couldn't so I work at the Salvation Army store on ft Carson. Like everyone else said thanks for you service Ryan the Army lost a good one...

John when are you coming back to AK.. we need to go bury another wheeler out on zero lake

Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    John when are you coming back to AK.. we need to go bury another wheeler out on zero lake
    Oh it will be awhile for me... My family is already back up there...

Oh. Sounds like fun. Can I go too?