Thread: Cabin Security

Default Cabin Security

😡 Cabin Security
    Need recommendation's for game camara's at the cabin.

Hard to beat this one if you have ATT cell service. Easy to set up. Sends a text or e-mail with a pic/time/data I have two of them. They work awesome. Only problem is each one needs its own cell service. Uses 12 AA batteries which last two months depending on the number of pics sent. You can also control it to a certain extent via Text Message. I keep a stick pounded in the ground within view in the winter so I can tell how much snow we got. Good unit for decent price. Also have an antenna extension available if the cell service is weak.

http://www.amazon.com/Covert-Special.../dp/B00806KGY6

Was wondering if anyone had anything to add? Experiences? Looking around for info..

Game cams work, especially multiple ones, some visibe, some hidden.
    Bk

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazersteve View Post
    Was wondering if anyone had anything to add? Experiences? Looking around for info..
    If I had a cabin I would want a alarm system that would sound off warning, the person the cabin has a alarm system.

I was looking for more on the Cellular style. Would be nice to just check in when I want or get a message if there is a disturbance. I have good AT&T signal. Might check into it..

I'd also like to be able to see what's happening at my cabin in real time. We don't get cell though- we get some sat service, but I don't know how to make that all work with a cam & finances! But, I got a little scoutguard camera to dink around with last year & when we left the cabin to go north & hunt I left it strapped to a little maple tree next to the porch of the cabin. It wasn't hidden- I just thought I'd catch a moose wandering by or something. I caught pix of some bears & the next cabins over kids rippen thru the yard on a quad, one time they had SIX kids on the quad, saw more thn one set of ppl walking by & filmed some ppl from a few cabins over come up on the porch & look in windows & stuff. No mischief- just nosieness. Interesting footage though. AND i forgot it was up the night we returned (a month or so later) & it happened to be on the peeing/smoking side of the porch- so yeah, glad it wasn't live feed to somewhere...

Bump and following. Any new input would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a cell camera by UWAY OUTDOORS, It works great, but I get a lot of pictures on a windy day, the tree it is mounted in about 15 feet up, moves a lot with wind. I got a picture of someone in the drive way, a great picture of their license plate, a picture of a brown bear one night and the neighbors dogs when they run thru the yard. It adds a little secure feeling to know that if I see some one I can call the Troopers that have a dispatch location about 5 miles away and they might show up soon enough to catch a thief.