Thread: The Wreck of the Kulluk

Default The Wreck of the Kulluk

"Punish the monkey - let the organ grinder go" - Mark Knopfler

Its just money
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Interesting. I had a hard time imagining how they ended up in that situation as it was happening. But there it is...and as Will says...it's just money...
    14 Days to Alaska
    Also available on Kindle and Nook

Good read.

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default Thought we had a lingcod hotel

It was an awesome sight, all we needed to do was add a suspension bridge and we had a great lingcod lodge!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Long form investigative journalism at its best, great article! Sad series of events that should never have happened.

It still had a better fate than the "OCEAN RANGE" that ARCO used in the 70' in the Dutch Harbor area. I was part of the Dive Team that did a 330' Saturation Dive, that was a big deal at that point in the history of deep diving. A few years later the "OCEAN RANGER" sunk killing about 60 men.

The sinking of the Ocean Ranger in the Atlantic is still used in offshore survival courses as an example of what can happen. Everyone evacuates the rig into escape craft only to have the escape craft sink while its being picked up my another rescue ship.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    It still had a better fate than the "OCEAN RANGE" that ARCO used in the 70' in the Dutch Harbor area. I was part of the Dive Team that did a 330' Saturation Dive, that was a big deal at that point in the history of deep diving. A few years later the "OCEAN RANGER" sunk killing about 60 men.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Long form investigative journalism at its best, great article! Sad series of events that should never have happened.
    Agreed, great article. Talk about flying by the seat of your pants!
    I work in a trade that often has to 'fabricate' an answer to a problem but NOTHING on a scale to the kind of venture described in the article. Those are some brave men working out there. My hardhats off to them!
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

"Punish the monkey - let the organ grinder go" - Mark Knopfler