Thread: Reaching Out for Opinions

Default Reaching Out for Opinions

Hello to all!

I realize that there are other threads on this forum with somewhat of the same basis, but i thought i'd throw this out there anyways...

I have a very special brown bear hunt coming up this spring, and if i'm lucky enough to take a big "toad" i might consider a life size mount ( a rug at bare minimum). Now, i'm sure i'll get all kinds of recommendations and opinions, but thats what i'm looking for. I already have a taxidermist that i have used a couple times before and although i feel he does good work, he is a tad on the spendy side. Not that i'm opposed to paying a little more for quality taxidermy, just want to see what else is out there.

I plan on visiting several shops in the next few months and any recommendations to add to my list will be appreciated. Thanks.

You are wise to do all your homework. There are many good taxis in the southcentral area and taking time to visit several (or many!) is a great idea and the best way to choose a taxidermist, I think.

Very good luck on your hunt... I am hoping to draw a fall Kodiak hunt next year.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Thanks Juli! Your shop is already on my list.

Stop by any time, I have a lifesize bear here as well as rugs and other mounts. You should be able to visit several shops when you come this direction.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!