Thread: Copper River Charters?

Default Copper River Charters?

Thinking of going to the Copper this summer to try out for the first time. From what I have been told and read, it sounds like using a boat is the way to go. Is anyone aware of any charters to dipnet on the Copper River? I unfortunatley do not have one.

Thanks for any leads!

I have personally used Mark Hem charters for dipnetting. Great way to fill a permit. He transports hundreds if not thousands of dipnetters every summer on the Copper. Something like $110 per person? Worth a try IMO.

Sapper

Yeah, Hem is the way to go. You don't dipnet from the boat though, he drops you off at a spot and then picks you up when you are done. In the past he charged a little extra if you got a supplement (I think it was $10 extra). With the limit changes, I'm guessing his rates might too.

During fishing season, they update a phone message and on this website.

http://www.chitinadipnetters.com/hotline

Really good guys, they'll even tell you when the fishing is bad and when you don't want to waste your time heading there.

Default Copper River Charters?

Hems is your best bet for your first time on the Copper. You can get to most of the same spots with a 4-wheeler and a little work though.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Is there any charter that does the dipnetting from the boat?

http://www.captainkimscharters.com/services

Try these guys. Saw their website last season. I have never used them personally or know anyone who has to leave any feedback for you. Might be worth a try?

Sapper

Hem and Copper River Charters are the way to go. They work together. Call the hotline and get their updates. Hem updates almost every day on how their customers have done or are doing. Water rises and falls rapidly there due to the 3 glaciers feeding into wood canyon. I've done the hill climb down to get fish without the charter and never did as well as when the charters take me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Sapper 27;1448571]http://www.captainkimscharters.com/services/QUOTE]

Don't think this guy is in operation anymore. Site is down, anyway.